Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 5/25 Game 3, Reds vs Nationals

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds_fan_4_life
    yea Lopez is really showing that he has matured some at the plate. even though he still commits errors. i saw the one the other day boy that was nasty and should have been executed. I wouldn't say Freel would MVP just yet... but he is a really good hitter. Was a nice series for the reds nice first sweep since the opening series.

1st post
    on pace to hit over 20 HR's and hitting .300 I'd say he has improved his hitting

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Sorry I did not due this earlier.

But my summary for the night goes like this. Not a bad day for Belisle as he pitched against a virtually bad offense. He got a decent start out of it and it was all we asked for as our bullpen did well behind him. The offense was insane tonight lead by Freel and Griffey. Lopez also put a good charge into one. This is the team we have been looking for. As CRF mentioned, we have got a sweep and some good pitching all the way around all after the DJ and Graves releases. I like it very much. Lets continue this play against a Pirates team that is just ahead of us in the standings. Great game today!

MVP: Freel

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    For a guy who hasn't pitched much lately and was called upon pretty unexpectedly (even if the opposition was weak) Matt Belisle did a very solid job. I am glad to see the bats wake up but I give the MVP to Belisle. Anytime this staff gets a QS, it's an almost guranteed MVP to me. Freel was awesome tonight though, if Belisle was terrible, he would of gotten MVP from me for sure.

MLB ERA
    Freel's OBP is now up to .444, and his OPS is .912. Very impressive.

Anyway, that's three QS in a row for our staff.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That OBP is just so awesome. He's really matured as a player and improved from the time when we first saw him.

MLB ERA
    I think you and I are among the few who thought he would be good again this year over on the other board. I remember you voting with Freel over Jimenez too, and most disagreed with us at the time.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

I think the big thing in yesturdays game was, Freel and Lopez getting on base.

Lopez had 3 walks and a hit
    Freel had 4 hits

These 2 guys were always on base for Griffey, who is hitting in the right spot, and Dunn.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I agree. I am really digging the 1-2 punch of Freel and FeLo. It seems like we finally have some great table setters at the top of the order.

Also, it could just be me, but other than the fact that we have won 3 in a row which is awesome enough as it... it was an especially sweet sweep to beat Jimbo's team.

AAA ERA
    best top 2 of a REds Lineup in a long time, Deion/Barry would have been better, but Deion couldn't hit. R.Kelly/Barry, but not that we had that very long.

Probably best top 2 of Lineup since Rose/Morgan

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011