Thread: Bullpen Keystone Cops at it Again

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

Bullpen Keystone Cops at it Again

In today's affair against the Cubbies, Mack brings in Masuckski in the 7th.

His line: 1.1 IP, 3 hits, 2 ER. Current ERA is 13.50.

Masuckski is spelled by Launching Pad Stanton, who allows 4 ER without even recording an out.

7 ER's in the seventh, effectively and efficiently turning a one run ballgame into an 8 run laugher, gas-can Reds style.

I love these guys.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Bullpen Keystone Cops at it Again

I just can't take this team sometimes. We throw complete garbage out there time after time making a small game bigger and bigger while we let pitchers like Fernando Cabrera go right by us. Majewski and Stanton are both guys who Krivsky is obviously too stubborn to admit were bad decisions to trade/sign for and I think he keeps them in there (with influence on Mack to use them) so one day he can have the a-ha type of moment. Despite what Kearns and Lopez has done (or hasn't done) for the Nats, you know that trade eats at him just like the money he spent on Stanton that many labeled as wasted money from the start.

I would of loved to had swept the Cubs almost more than anything I could think of.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

i guess this is payback for yesterday's game where our bullpen yacked it up.

lord does our division suck ass.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wouldn't it be the damnedest thing if whoever wins this division (no less with a record bordering a bit above .500) goes on to win it all again? That would truly be remarkable.

But yeah, watching the NL Central teams, outside of the Brewers hot start, the Cubs tear of recent and the Cards hotstreak, as been pretty miserable. They are really taking 'Best of the Worst' to heart.

MLB ERA

The Cards are rolling right now. Jocketty's pitching staff throws out sparkling performance after sparkling performance, while Sir Albert, Rolen, Molina and crew get it done on the offensive end.

As for the Reds: dump Stanton, Majewski and one of Gosling/Santos (and only keep them for long relief after a short outing by the not so great Dumatrait or Livingston (looks like the magic with Livingston is running out as I expected).

The only worthwhile arms in the pen now are Burton, Bray and Weathers.

Coutlangus, Salmon and maybe Guevara should be called up to replace the pathetic performers.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    The Cards are rolling right now. Jocketty's pitching staff throws out sparkling performance after sparkling performance, while Sir Albert, Rolen, Molina and crew get it done on the offensive end.

As for the Reds: dump Stanton, Majewski and one of Gosling/Santos (and only keep them for long relief after a short outing by the not so great Dumatrait or Livingston (looks like the magic with Livingston is running out as I expected).

The only worthwhile arms in the pen now are Burton, Bray and Weathers.

Coutlangus, Salmon and maybe Guevara should be called up to replace the pathetic performers.
    yeah i was about to say the Cards a rolling so watch them jump up there and get into the playoffs and do it again..lol

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

The hits keep on 'a-comin...

Yesterday's line: Stanton 1.0 IP/3 ER, Masuckski 1.0 IP/0 ER(Wow!), and Easy Eddie with 1.0 IP/2 ER.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.