Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coutlangus to AAA, Freel to DL; Everyday Magic Called Up

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Coutlangus to AAA, Freel to DL; Everyday Magic Called Up

Countlangus. What a kinky name.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Well, Hal got some more clear quotes from Krivsky in his game notes, though his logic is still flawed. At least Hal was able to get somewhat of a real explanation out of him. HOF'er for a reason (Hal, not Wayne, obviously)

"Majewski recalled

The Reds further tweaked their pitching by recalling right-hander Gary Majewski and optioning left-hander Jon Coutlangus back to Louisville.

The Reds joined Atlanta, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Francisco and Milwaukee as teams with 13 pitchers.

It may not stay that way long because the Reds are short of outfielders. Josh Hamilton started rehab in Louisville Tuesday and could be quickly activated, leaving Todd Coffey vulnerable.

Some wondered how Coffey survived Tuesday and Coutlangus didn't.

"A guy like Coffey gives us multiple innings, as do Mike Gosling and Victor Santos, and we're trying to protect our pitching," said Krivsky. "It was time for Guardado to come up and the interchangeable part in our eyes was Coutlangus."

And what does Coutlangus need to do?

"Command is always an issue and he needs to throw strikes," said Mackanin. "We need to feel comfortable when he comes in that he is going to be a guy who throws strikes and not walk a guy. When a manager brings in a relief pitcher, he expects him to do the job. If you walk the first hitter you face, you can't be relied upon."

Coutlangus walked 25 in 36 2/3 innings."
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA

you know on another thought.. i like this move..

we got crap on our roster.. that means we are going to play like crap.. theoretically.. so therefore we can contend for 1st pick in draft.

also by playing like crap solidifies an ousting of MacNarron(i like that name)

albeit that theory doesn't hold too well considering the shutout last night

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033 View Post
    you know on another thought.. i like this move..

we got crap on our roster.. that means we are going to play like crap.. theoretically.. so therefore we can contend for 1st pick in draft.

also by playing like crap solidifies an ousting of MacNarron(i like that name)

albeit that theory doesn't hold too well considering the shutout last night
    Make that 2 in a row!

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yep, what is going on now? I have to watch those games as I haven't watched a Red game in over a week. Let me look at how much our bullpen contributed to Arroyo and Harang's greatness.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Make that 2 in a row!
    well.. the Dogers are playing bad right now.. yeah thats it

MLB ERA

Coffey now to Louisville to make room for Wayne's latest miserable pick up.

Still doesn't excuse the terrible decision to send Coutlangus down to Louisville.

Looks like he got crushed down there last night to a degree he hasn't with the Reds all year. Hopefully he can get his head on straight after what must have been a very stunning and traumatic event for him.

And the other great news relates to Castellini apparently giving his full support to Krivsky. Said he's done a good job and the two are on the same page.

I said a while back Castellini appeared to be either clueless or a liar. Looks like he picked option A. Of course I'm thinking he's not option A as owner of a MLB team. More like option Z.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12