Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday's starter is...

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Thursday's starter is...

Phil Dumatrait. Dumatrait is poised to start Thursday, should be an interesting day as his numbers don't inspire a lot of confidence for a 26 year old in AAA to have success in the majors.

AAA ERA

Re: Thursday's starter is...

yeah, well he started out well this seasons.. either way him actually making the MLB roster puts him ahead of a lot of Starting Pitchers we have had in the organization over the years.

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

182 IP, 10-5, 70 K's and 48 walks. 3.49 ERA. Not bad. Decent walk/k ratio but he does not miss many bats. Like you said, the guy IS 26 years old. Time to crap or get off the pot. Let's see what we have with PD.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

MLB ERA

Probably not too much and I really don't understand why he is making Thursday's start instead of Elizardo.

I hope when Harang returns Elizardo is the one left in the Lohse spot permanently, though I could change my mind once I see Dumatrait I suppose (doubtful).
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I am excited to see this guy to be honest. I'm not thinking he is going to be great, but we deserve to have a pitcher come out of nowhere, don't we?

I will try and get a gamethread going tomorrow night. I know they have been few and far between lately, but its understandable as this team hasn't given us much reason to care lately.

Anyone down for a gamethread with me tomorrow night?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I am excited too, I don't know if I should be but like I said I've always been rooting for the guy and hoping he gets back to his pre-injury Boston days... so let's hope he eases into the MLB with success.

I might be here for a game thread, but right now I am so tired I can't even think about it. Ha.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Good old sleep sounds like the situation to cure all. I am exhausted myself. Long night last night.

AAA ERA

yeah honestly i think we need to give the guy a chance, I mean I wanted to see him more than Livingston.. if he is junk he's junk, but at least we will know.. I am excited a bit because there is always the chance he could come from nowhere and really help this club

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

I really would love to be optimistic about him, but I just don't think it will be a good ending for PD.

When I seen him in the AAA all star game, he was pretty rough looking. I don't recall the results, but he didn't look good. He throws across his body and it looks awfully uncomfortable and as a result his pitches seem to almost always be up in the zone. Decent velocity perhaps but I didn't see much if any movement. Maybe it was nerves, it was the only time I have actually seen him pitch. But if not then he has a long, long way to go IMHO.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

If he was in fact nervous, he will definitely be nervous with his debut. Could be interesting.

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

I'll do my best to make the gamethread tomorrow night. I probably can't post throughout the entire game because I have a needy wife who has been gone the last two nights and she's all "come spend some time with me!" after she's been away.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The word is that The Lizard is back down to AAA for Dumatrait.

This seems like a move to simply please everyone calling for change (the new thing after Bailey and trade Dunn was "Where's Dumatrait!?!")

MLB ERA

I would have perfered to see the Lizard get a chance just based on what he did early on last year.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Results as I expected for Dumatrait. Finishes with 6 ER in 3.1 IP.

My scouting report for tonight is pretty much a carbon copy of Mario's from the game he saw him pitch. Not a very fluid delivery. Behind in a lot of counts. Not much mound presence. Gives up a lot of hits. No real plus pitch, though his fastball seems to have SOME zip on it. The other pitches seem flat and just not good. Left a LOT of pitches up in the zone.

It's a good thing that awful Elizardo Ramirez is back down in Louisville for a while! He probably would have given up 7 ER in 3.1 IP.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA

On another note: are they just going to leave Dumatrait in the rotation for a while even if he gets crushed?

Because even if Harang comes back to replace Santos after Saturday's start, who will start in this Dumatrait spot if he's sent back down? It can't be Elizardo for a little bit since he was just sent down.

Very, very sad but not surprising considering we are talking about the Reds here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast