Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disapointed or content?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Disapointed or content?

The clock has expired. Anyone dissapointed with the little action made? I am sure some are happy that guys like Dunn, Griffey, and Arroyo are still on the roster. But a few budding thoughts still sweep through the air.

Dunn: He is a Red for the rest of this season. Will BCast use his wallet and opt to keep him around?

Griffey: Should he have been traded this season due to his very high value?

MLB ERA

Re: Disapointed or content?

Very disappointed, as it looks like nothing after all.

I think this is a surprise to many if so.

Only trading Lohse? Terrible, but I guess it shouldn't be too surprising from the Reds.

They obviously don't have the talent to compete next year yet they appear set to keep Conine, Hatteberg, Weathers and other players who shouldn't be part of the future on the team.

And no creative deals involving Griffey or Dunn.

What a pathetic franchise.

Krivsky should be fired immediately if the Lohse deal is the only one.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    The clock has expired. Anyone dissapointed with the little action made? I am sure some are happy that guys like Dunn, Griffey, and Arroyo are still on the roster. But a few budding thoughts still sweep through the air.

Dunn: He is a Red for the rest of this season. Will BCast use his wallet and opt to keep him around?

Griffey: Should he have been traded this season due to his very high value?
    meh. I'm a little disappointed that guys like Weathers, Hatte, Conine werent dealt.

In the same breath though I'm happy we didnt do any trades just for the sake of trading. I know on multiple sites Dunn is the board whipping post but 40 HR 100+ RBI and Runs Scored potential doesnt just fall off of trees.

Arroyo falls under the trade hitters for pitchers, pitching for more pitching if you dont get more pitching in return Arroyo stays for good.

Weathers= Really really surprised if he does indeed stay. With people going after Dotel, Linebrink getting what he did, etc I thought someone would see David Weathers and go hard after.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

C Trent:

I'd expect at least one trade, but nothing major
    So something may still be looming and sitting on Selig's desk. Nothing major? Hatteberg?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I am happy that Arroyo, Griffey and Dunn remain. But Hatteberg and Conine should both be gone to allow Votto to play (especially Conine since he is retiring) and Weathers as his value will never get higher.

Wanting action for action is just silly, but failing to trade guys like the three I mentioned is just as ridiculous. I am more content than disappointed though.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Weathers= Really really surprised if he does indeed stay. With people going after Dotel, Linebrink getting what he did, etc I thought someone would see David Weathers and go hard after.
    The rumor was that Davies from Atlanta was offered previously (before he was dealt) for Weathers. The Reds didn't want to trade him due to the cheap contract, but who knows if that was just a bluff.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

To be honest with you, I still don't know if we were supposed to be sellers. Does Krivsky still think we have a shot at contending? I am irked.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

C Trent:

I'd expect at least one trade, but nothing major

Or not

Moeller outrighted, Bellhorn up
    Ok, its done now. Ball game. Krivsky better be shopping for a new home.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Awful job by the Reds. Really not much more you can say.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Not cashing out on Weathers at his highest value and before his career sinks(and possibly quickly) is stupidity of epic proportions. Same with Hatteberg and they could get something for Conine too.

Looks like Trent was as surprised at least one move didn't happen as me.

I guess our "big" move is getting Bellhorn up here! Wow I am excited now. We are definitely on the right track.

Also sounds like Dumatrait was pulled from his minor league start, so he will probably make at least one start in place of Harang. His amazing minor league numbers have me chomping at the bit!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

per Jon Fay:

Manager Pete Mackanin talked to general manager Wayne Krivsky shortly after the non-waiver trade deadline (4 p.m.), and Mackanin said that Krivsky told him the Reds didn't make any trades. The Reds did make one move. Catcher Chad Moeller was outrighted to Triple-A, and infielder Mark Bellhorn was called up.

-Fay

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    To be honest with you, I still don't know if we were supposed to be sellers. Does Krivsky still think we have a shot at contending? I am irked.
    Or possibly that the front office has told him to hold off on trading cogs to this team and that additional cash will be there in the offseason to build a pen and acquire a 4th starter.

MLB ERA

I don't see any reason at this point we should expect additional cash to be available.

Castellini already indicated he would only add payroll if the team was in the position to compete at the trade deadline(and even his "adding" last year was a joke amount).

The guy is obviously a complete liar or just clueless, as I mentioned several months ago.

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

I'm done with Krivsky. It's professionally derelict of him to keep Hatte/Weathers/Conine. Hell, Conine is RETIRING at the end of the year! For what do we need him? Veteran presence to keep the guys heads in the game while we spiral downward towards the league's worst record??

Weathers is about to hit a wall and Hatte is another veteran who adds no value to this organization's current situation.

As for Dunn, I would not have been against trading him provided we got a fair return. Since we did not, I'm fine with keeping him. I did not want to trade Arroyo at all. He's a legit 2/3 starter signed long-term at a rate we can afford.

All in all, I give the Reds' mgmt a D or a C- for their efforts.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

MLB ERA

Well said, Lebowski, though I give the team an F for failing to make no-brainer moves such as trading Weathers, Hatteberg and Conine.

Maybe they wouldn't have gotten GREAT prospects for Weathers, but I have to think they would get at least as much for him as they did Lohse and it's unlikely his value will ever be this high again...perhaps not even CLOSE.

Hatteberg is playing well right now too and falls into a similar category as Weathers.

And Conine should have been dumped just because he is NO part of the future and would have at least given Votto a chance at 1B to finish the year.

Instead we get to watch veterans like him, Hatteberg, Stanton and Weathers show how they do the "little" things, even though in several of those cases, the little things are ALL they do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast