Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disapointed or content?

AAA ERA

Re: Disapointed or content?

to be honest, I know i said i would have rather have seen no trades then a bad trade... but the truth is.. I really want to unload Dunn... and I am not happy at all he is still a Red.

[stands a back and waits to get flamed]

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You would rather get an offer that wouldn't match his production then to keep a guy who is either always our number one or number two run producer? A guy who is 27 mind you, not a 41 year old who we have no future with.

MLB ERA

Krivsky makes some pathetic comments on the inaction, per John Fay:

"Wayne Krivsky downplayed the fact that the Reds made no trades on the day of non-waiver deadline.

“This is just the non-waiver,” Krivsky said. “It doesn’t mean that there still can’t be trades in August. There wasn’t anything out there today that was suitable for us, so we passed.”

“I’m always looking to improve the team. There wasn’t anything out there today that improved the team. We’ll stand pat and go with what we have right now.”

Disappointed? “No, not at all.”

Are there players in the minors ready to help the cause soon? “You never know about minor leaguers and how they develop. Everyone develops differently. I don’t have a crystal ball to tell you who’s going to be ready and who’s not. We give them to opportunity to play and give them the best chance to have success. Their performance dictates who moves up to next level.
    “You can’t get too far ahead of yourself there.”

On the timing of Chad Moeller-Mark Bellhorn transaction: “We felt like we’d go with Bellhorn instead of Chad for the time being. That decision was made this afternoon.

Are there any deals still in the works" “You’ve got to get waivers on players. Until you get waivers on the players, there’s no sense talking about that. We’ve been talking about guys without waivers for months now. Everybody’s going to take a deep breath.”

On the TBAs in the rotation for Thursday and Saturday: “We’ll figure it out. We’ll let you know as soon as we notify the player. Someone will pitch Thursday and Saturday.”

Again, you're not disappointed: “No, not at all. We’re real happy about the trade yesterday, acquiring Matt Maloney, and we’re happy to acquire Jorge Cantu and Shaun Cumberland. We’ll go forward and continue the process of improving out inventory of minor league players and try to make the major league team better. The only restriction we have in August and September is we have to have waivers in order to trade a player.”"
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

"We’ll stand pat and go with what we have right now.”

(Does that one sound like an O'Brien/Lindner comment or what? Remember when O'Brien trumpeted the "status quo" line after he did nothing to improve the team at the deadline?)

"I don’t have a crystal ball to tell you who’s going to be ready and who’s not."

(Another O'Brien-like quote. He mentioned crystal balls and not being able to wave a magic wand to make the team better during his tenure. Getting scary here...)

“We felt like we’d go with Bellhorn instead of Chad for the time being. That decision was made this afternoon."

(Good...so we might see Moeller again in a couple days? )

"Someone will pitch Thursday and Saturday.”

(How insightful)

"We’ll go forward and continue the process of improving out inventory of minor league players and try to make the major league team better."

(O'Brien mentioned "going forward" a lot. The whole "process of improving our inventory" part also sounds EERILY like O'Brien).

And it's starting to look like Krivsky deserves the same fate as O'Brien, though I'm not convinced Castellini agrees.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    Not cashing out on Weathers at his highest value and before his career sinks(and possibly quickly) is stupidity of epic proportions. Same with Hatteberg and they could get something for Conine too.

Looks like Trent was as surprised at least one move didn't happen as me.

I guess our "big" move is getting Bellhorn up here! Wow I am excited now. We are definitely on the right track.

Also sounds like Dumatrait was pulled from his minor league start, so he will probably make at least one start in place of Harang. His amazing minor league numbers have me chomping at the bit!
    Its a brilliant ploy. I cant see people claiming Weathers and others on waivers to "stop" someone from getting them. Let teams that stood pat stew a bit and get more desperate for help...

okay so i was being sarcastic.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    You would rather get an offer that wouldn't match his production then to keep a guy who is either always our number one or number two run producer? A guy who is 27 mind you, not a 41 year old who we have no future with.
    actually yes.. he his terrible in clutch situations, he strikes out 200 times a year, and for a guy who hits 40 hrs he strugles to get just about 100 RBI, to top off the fact he struggles to hit .250

yes .. yes .. yes ..

edit: least i not forget to throw in his fielding

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Ok

This coming from a non Reds fan. You traded Lohse to me a plus. He sucked in Minnesota and he was alot worse in Cincinnati. Adam Dunn, Should have been sent to a team contending. The Yankees/Twins/Angels/Indians to name a few teams that should have jumped all over him. Your club needs pitching help in the worst way. Twins could have gave all kinds of pitching. Dunn is a guy that in all honesty should be a DH. In the American league he would even put up better numbers. God he would have been a monster run producer hitting in the metrodome. The baggie in right is a short fence for him. With the way your club and mine does these stupid deals it will be awhile till you become a playoff team. Your pitching is the main reason I see being your downfall. Griffey JR had to have some interest as well. I would have moved the vets and rebuilt the club.

Maybe in a couple years your farm will be able to produce some players like the Twins. Then I see playoffs in your future. The Braves are the team to beat for the next several years. That was the best move of the trading.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033 View Post
    actually yes.. he his terrible in clutch situations, he strikes out 200 times a year, and for a guy who hits 40 hrs he strugles to get just about 100 RBI, to top off the fact he struggles to hit .250

yes .. yes .. yes ..

edit: least i not forget to throw in his fielding
    We all know RBI is a dependent stat, and about half of his homeruns (13) come with runners on, where statistically he is better than with runners not on. Don't look at RBI's, Dunn is tied for 20th in runs created in the National League before play started tonight and the only Red higher than him is Griffey who is at #16. I agree Dunn could be better in late situations with runners on, but the pitch selection he gets is pretty poor as well as his chances on them.

Our top four run creators are Griffey, Dunn, Phillips, and Hatteberg. If Griffey doesn't hit next year and Hatteberg is traded as is Dunn, that is a lot of runs to make up. Even if Griffey continues at the same clip, you're expecting guys like Encarnacion and Hamilton to really step it up and take care of a guy who is always top 20 or top 10 in the NL in run creation. I can understand wanting fair value for him in a trade, but wanting him gone for the sake of being gone I just don't get. Of course you have your opinions which have their valid points, as I have mine, and we won't be able to convince each other to think the other way, but in the end I don't think we're keeping Dunn beyond 2008 if we don't start winning so the time should come eventually where he is traded.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Ok

This comming from a non Reds fan. You traded Lohse to me a plus. He sucked in Minnesota and he was alot worse in Cincinatti. Adam Dunn, Should have been sent to a team contending. The Yankees/Twins/Angels/Indians to name a few teams that should have jumped all over him. Your club needs pitching help in the worst way. Twins could have gave all kinds of pitching. Dunn is a guy that in all honesty should be a dh. In the american league he would even put up better numbers. God he would have been a monster run producer hitting in the metrodome. The baggie in right is a short fence for him. With the way your club and mine does these stupid deals it will be awhile till you become a playoff team. Your pitching is the main reason I see being your downfall. Griiffey had to have some interest as well. I would have moved the vets and rebuilt the club.

Maybe in a couple years your farm will be able to produce some players like the Twins. Then I see playoffs in your future. The Braves are the team to beat for the next several years. That was the best move of the trading.
    But it takes 2 to tango, what if all the "rumors" were just ESPN's way to merit keeping Peter Gammons around? And they were just throwing stuff on the wall and see what stuck?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

We all know Gammons has his buddy that he talks to on every team.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12