Thread: Will You be Disappointed With no Major Trade?

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

Will You be Disappointed With no Major Trade?

The deadline is almost 28 hrs away...Dunn rumors abound but nothing significant has happened yet (I do not deem Jorge Cantu to be a significant acquisition).

We've got some guys on this team that we practically *have* to trade. Conine sits atop that list but Scott Hatteberg should go as well. Conine's already planning on retiring and Hatteberg cannot be in our long-term plans. Kyle Lohse HAS to be dealt as well. There's no way we re-sign him after this season, nor should we.

I don't think JR is going anywhere and I'm beginning to think Dunn is here to stay as well.

If I'm right, it is quite possible that we'll only deal a Conine and perhaps Lohse. How disappointed/angry would you be with that scenario? This is a team that needs a lot of work before it can contend and we seemingly have quite a few marketable commodities. Personally, I'll feel let down if we don't complete a trade for at least two of those guys. Furthermore, I would not object to an Adam Dunn trade. However, I do want a fair return for him. It wouldn't bother me a bit to see Dunn in Cincy next year. If we do decide to deal him, we better have a nice return coming our way. Now that Teixeira is dealt, he's almost the last big stick on the market.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Will You be Disappointed With no Major Trade?

I don't mind seeing a lack of moves when it comes to players in our plans next year, ie Dunn, Griffey, Weathers... but should that occur, I hope the front office will have ok from Bob to spend cash in the offseason and acquire the talent we need to compete there. I am of the mind when it comes to Griffey (for his record breaking and plus bat) and Dunn (for his plus bat and youth) that why trade them if you don't get what they deserve, it's just not worth losing guys who give us a reason to watch and make our run production tolerable if we're going to get robbed blind (ala Rauch and Cordero for Dunn.)

AAA ERA

i would be more disapointed with a bad trade then no trade.. so my answer is no.. I am fine with no major move.. although i would like to see Hatteberg, Conine, Dunn, Weathers, and Lohse moved.. and i really don't care what we get for any of those guys other than Dunn

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I guess all my hopes and all my fears will be flushed away tomorrow afternoon. But as far as dissapointment goes; I will be a bit upset if guys like Conine and Lohse are not dealt because they are of no use to us and getting something instead of nothing for them is a worthy cause. I guess we could get supplemental draft picks for them, but the real value is trading guys like this to teams that need or think they need them and are desperate enough to deal something we could use for our future.