Thread: Did anyone see that Ed E blast last night?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Did anyone see that Ed E blast last night?

I was watching the game off and on last night while doing some work and thinking to myself as I saw Ed E's 6 homers on the year that his power has been nowhere near I would of anticipated last season at this point (more like 16-18 right now I was thinking) and then literally the next pitch, bam. That was almost video game like, just a monster blast that he was all over.

He has played like a different player in the field, showing the range and competency we knew he could handle athletically and obviously that game last night showed how important his bat can be to the heart of the lineup. Does anyone think that possibly, in the long run, the Reds sending him down and not starting him everyday is having a positive effect? Granted I think the homerun was a bit of luck (from what I recall, he was chasing pretty damn high) but he seems a lot more focused in the field and at the plate to me anyway.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Did anyone see that Ed E blast last night?

That would be a no. I was to pissed to watch anymore baseball last night. Watch the Twins game for a couple innings you would be angry as hell to. Only bonus was our rookie 3rd baseman can hit the ball. Maybe Reds should talk to the Twins and make a trade. Your better off than we are.

Reds I heard were 9-1 at home in there last 10 game? You guys are playing much better baseball. Looks like the coaching change helped.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Re: Did anyone see that Ed E blast last night?

Did I see it, why I almost felt it. As a matter of fact it gave me goosebumps, that was a big league uber-launch.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.