Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WLW Reporting "Black Monday"?

WLW Reporting "Black Monday"?

Listening to WLW, they are talking like something big could be happening today.
    SBSL-Washington Nationals

We can hope....

MLB ERA
    Oh I thought you were going to say they activated Rich Aurilia and Miley already said Aurilia didnt lose the starting SS position.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Is this "BlackMonday" source the one that said Miley would be fired last Thursday or the one that said he'd be fired yesterday (Sunday)???

i can't listen to wlw up here in boston, can someone post updates if anything happens?
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    WLW never made mention of those possible moves that I was aware of. I think it was just good old fashion Internet rumors. But who knows, maybe something like that is going down today. There are so many directions they could go, it's kind of hard to predict. Ha.

MLB ERA
    I'm feeling something folks. I felt that Jimenez would be released and I feel something might happen today as I've been saying since yesterday. Just a hunch based on some discussions and gut instincts.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

From what ive heard and read, it involves Danny Graves. It will be a fine and "possible suspension" and the statement WLW has been talking about will be a "half-apology".

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    Is this "BlackMonday" source the one that said Miley would be fired last Thursday or the one that said he'd be fired yesterday (Sunday)???
    This came from the Reds flagship station, those two came from a Reds message board.

MLB ERA
    I highly suspect more is going on than just that. More might not happen TODAY, but I think it could, and if it doesn't, I think it will happen soon.

There is no way that there will not be more changes soon.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    OK lets get these changes done. Keep reprting what you guys hear. Thanks CS for the update so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CS The Reds Fan
    From what ive heard and read, it involves Danny Graves. It will be a fine and "possible suspension" and the statement WLW has been talking about will be a "half-apology".
    So do you consider a suspension of Graves qualifies as "Black Monday"? I agree that he'll get a fine and some sort of suspension which will serve him kind of like Wilson's demotion--that is time to work things out--probably more out of his head than anything. But that doesn't qualify as Black Monday for me.

Black Monday has to bring significant change like a lot of player movement or a change of managers or/and GM. I have my doubts anything significant will happen today.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    Oh I thought you were going to say they activated Rich Aurilia and Miley already said Aurilia didnt lose the starting SS position.
    I must have missed that one. When did Miley say this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    So do you consider a suspension of Graves qualifies as "Black Monday"? I agree that he'll get a fine and some sort of suspension which will serve him kind of like Wilson's demotion--that is time to work things out--probably more out of his head than anything. But that doesn't qualify as Black Monday for me.

Black Monday has to bring significant change like a lot of player movement or a change of managers or/and GM. I have my doubts anything significant will happen today.
    The term "Black Monday" was what WLW used this morning. Obviously from hearing that, you thought something major was going to be going on. IMO, it was a ploy for ratings to get people to tune in all day.

I dont know how familiar you are with the Cincinnati media, but they(WLW) have a tendency to do this quite often.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Hopefully its an announcement saying the Reds have waived Danny Graves goodbye!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast