Thread: Bowden still wants Dunner

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Bowden still wants Dunner

mlbtraderumors:

Fun new rumor: the Nationals are pursuing Adam Dunn. Huh? Makes no sense on the surface. Jim Bowden's possible motivation would be to sign Dunn long-term and make him the cornerstone of the franchise. If he fails at that, all would not be lost given the draft pick compensation. Rosenthal says the market for Dunn beyond Washington is a bit foggy - the Twins, Angels, Yankees, Red Sox, and Padres could all get involved but none stand out.
    Link

Do you mess with Bowden again? A Kearns reunion could be intriguing enough to get Dunn to sign an extended contract with the Nats. I don't go anywhere near this though without Cordero and a top spect being packaged

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Bowden still wants Dunner

per rotoworld:

The Nationals have discussed Adam Dunn with the Reds, FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal reports.

No deal is close, but the Reds felt the Nationals were serious enough to send scouts to watch the Single-A Potomac team that's loaded with most of the Nationals' best position prospects. Dunn and RFK would seem to be a terrible fit, but the Nationals are playing for 2008, when they'll be in a new ballpark. Of course, Dunn has the option of becoming a free agent after this season, meaning the Nationals may be acquiring little more than draft picks if they pulled off a trade. However, they would to their best to entice him to stay. That he'd be reunited with good friend Austin Kearns would improve the sales pitch.
    The important about this is that the Reds have sent scouts to Potomac. I like

VanAllen

and

Marrero
    He is likely not tradeable.

But not enough for Dunn. And that is all I see right now.

Re: Bowden still wants Dunner

There's no way i'd deal with that no good snake charmer again, after Majeskigate.