Thread: Jay Bruce/Joey Votto

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

Jay Bruce/Joey Votto

Watched both of these guys in the Futures game today. They both can RAKE.

Cannot wait to see these guys in the Bigs.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

Turn 2

Re: Jay Bruce/Joey Votto

With the state that the Reds are in right now, why aren't both these talented guys in the bigs right now?

I think Hatte's good as gone,it will be Votto time soon.Bruce need's a little more seasoning.

Wurtland Middle School
    Rookie ERA

Votto will be up presumably after the inevitable Hatteberg trade and Spetember at the latest and Bruce is probably the Griffey replacement after next season. Just my opinion.

One interesting point I heard about Bruce is the possibilty he makes it to AAA this year and is ready to start next year. With a trade of Dunn, and Bruce put into the outfield we get a much more well rounded hitter if his skills continue to develope and an amazing defensive upgrade.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

Your sig pic just reminded me again that we could have had Tim Lincecum instead of Mr. Stubbs.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

MLB ERA

Just a quick note

Joey Votto is starting to get a lot of good press and air time in Canada, even showing some of his highlights in the minors or an interview here or there.

That rarely happens for anyone in Baseball, Morneau, Gagne, Bay, and Martin, never really got noticed like this before they made their mark on the majors.

This just opened on eye on him so I'm hoping he becomes something big.

The Reds may make some fans in Canada in a few years especially if Kyle Lotzkar pans out too.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

That sounds real good for Votto Halladay. Especially when getting more attention than that list of players. Bodes very well for him and hopefully just as well for his fans.

I was just thinking about the fact that Bruce and Votto are left handed batters. So are Griffey, Dunn, and Hamilton. Does this give Krivsky even more of a reason to want to trade one of Dunn or Griffey and definitely Hatteberg?

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    That sounds real good for Votto Halladay. Especially when getting more attention than that list of players. Bodes very well for him and hopefully just as well for his fans.

I was just thinking about the fact that Bruce and Votto are left handed batters. So are Griffey, Dunn, and Hamilton. Does this give Krivsky even more of a reason to want to trade one of Dunn or Griffey and definitely Hatteberg?
    Usually yes, but GABP is somewhat of a haven for LHB.