Thread: Brewers looking Griffey's direction?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Brewers looking Griffey's direction?

This is just a rumor, but Marty B said tonight on the broadcast that the Brewers are inquiring about Griffey and that two top tier prospects from the Brew Crew were linked in the discussion.

I highly doubt Gallardo is in the conversation. I can't help but think of Ryan Braun. Dude is the next big time 3B and if we were to trade EdE, he would be a bigtime replacement.

If Braun or Will Inman are in the conversation at all, you have to go for it. I would be real happy if it were both, but the Brewers are not that stupid I am sure.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Brewers looking Griffey's direction?

No way the Brewers deal Braun or Gallardo, just no chance...I hope they're not stupid enough to deal away their future while trying to contend this year.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I doubt they deal Braun either, he is killing the ball in Milwaukee this year. Maybe it is just wishful thinking. I didn't realize he has been so solid for them this year (.342 BA 10 HRs in 155 ABs). So I agree, no way he goes.

Will Inman has been knocked around since his promotion in AA, so maybe he is a fit as his value is at a major low. William Inman

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Gallardo, Braun, and Inman or no trade. Bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32 View Post
    Gallardo, Braun, and Inman or no trade. Bottom line.
    The Brewers would laugh at that deal.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Why would they need Griffey anyway. Scoring runs do not seem to be much of a problem for them and why give away strong youth for a Guy that will not be with them very long anyway. Also I would bet Griff would veto a trade to them. I don't think he would go to the Brewers, but that of crs is just my opinion

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The Brewers would laugh at that deal.
    Jr would laugh as well, no way in the world he would play in Mil-e-wau-kee (in the original Native american tongue, brought to you bye Alice Cooper in Waynes World)!

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Well if the ring is calling his name, Milwaukee could be a fit.

Rookie ERA

I would just really hate to see Griffey traded, but at the same time his value has never been higher for the Reds to deal him than it is right now...for the first time since he's been in Cincy, he is healthy and just raking the ball.
    I just don't see the Reds trading him within the division though unless it was huge, like something involving Braun.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Here are some thoughts from a Brewers fan on dealing minor leaguers:

As for the other trade stuff, there is absolutely NO WAY I would trade a Braun or Gallardo for a guy like Buehrle considering that he may very well be a rent a player type guy. The bigger question is would you part with an Inman or Parra AND a TG Jr or some combination of minor league players? In my book Gallardo and Braun are untouchable right now.
    So no Braun or Gallardo for Buehrle. That definitely throws out the Griffey thought. I figured that anyway but had to research it for closure.

They seem to be really up on Inman as well despite his struggles in AA. But I say it is still a possibility for Griffey.

OMG r u retarted the brewers would never ever trade braun and gallrado for griffey jr. I havent heard anything about that retarted rumor.

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrewrock View Post
    OMG r u retarted the brewers would never ever trade braun and gallrado for griffey jr. I havent heard anything about that retarted rumor.
    Dripping with irony...
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Brewers looking Griffey's direction?

if the brewers traded Braun or Gallardo, I would have to do some major damage to my head beating it against the wall. nothing against Griffey, but is not worth that price. sorry, reds fans!!! they are young and talented and Griffey is an injury waitng to happen these past few years.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    if the brewers traded Braun or Gallardo, I would have to do some major damage to my head beating it against the wall. nothing against Griffey, but is not worth that price. sorry, reds fans!!! they are young and talented and Griffey is an injury waitng to happen these past few years.
    The rumor is 2 high prospects, people are just having a little fun with it. I'm sure no one here really expects to get either Braun or Gallardo.

I would take Tony Gwynn Jr however + another prospect with some upside. Problem is Griffey is not likely to ok a deal to Milwaukee. I know he's very tight with Prince Fielder but IMHO not tight enough. Griffey in Milwaukee I'll believe that only when I see it.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.