Thread: Coffey

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Coffey

First understand this post is out of frustration but geezzz how many games is this guy going to cost us before the managers understand he cannot pitch in game situations. he has cost our starters so many wins and the Reds so many games that it may be time to just take your losses and drop his sorry (&)&(*. Bailey pitched a very nice game, and crap even Stanton pitched 2 good innings and here comes Coffey in the 8th and poof there goes the lead. I hope we can still win this game but unless this team can stop having these disasterous 8th innings it will never get better than last place for this team. I may be a diehard but I still don't think it is impossible for this team to make a run. They have talent, but if this new manager is just going to duplicate Narron's mistakes then why even watch anymore. I still don't understand why he took Bailey out after 5 innings. he did not appear to be having any trouble. And to put the game into the hands of this Bullpen is really pretty stupid.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Coffey

Coffey is definitely a screw up. I am done with him officially now. I don't get why he cannot get guys out. He has the stuff, just can't make his pitches I guess.

Brantley said it may have been a confidence building thing to take Bailey out while he was still on top. In my opinion, it would hurt his confidence in that he was not able to further build on what he started. Bad decision.