Thread: Trade Block is up / Jocketty and LaRussa rumor

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Trade Block is up / Jocketty and LaRussa rumor

The hot corner

-- Scouts say the Reds are alerting other clubs that everybody on their roster is available except Aaron Harang, Homer Bailey, Josh Hamilton, Alex Gonzalez and Brandon Phillips.
    -- Scouts say the Reds are alerting other clubs that everybody on their roster is available except , , , and .

-- According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, there are rumors that Cardinals general manager Walt Jocketty and manager Tony La Russa could end up in Cincinnati as a package deal. Reds owner Bob Castellini used to be part of the Cardinals ownership group.
    Link

Re: Trade Block is up / Jocketty and LaRussa rumor

Interesting list, but what you would expect for the most part. I am suprised to see Edwin and Arroyo left off though. The package deal sounds almost to good to be true IMO. I'm not the biggest fan of LaRussa, but he is a huge upgrade over what we have and Jocketty would be an amazing addition.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

You can trade GMs?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

I would be completely satisfied with that scenario.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Alex Gonzalez?

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Alex Gonzalez?
    Unless you get a solid return on SS in the deal, who would replace him? Pedro Lopez (SS from the White Sox we got on waivers) is the only guy w/ a shot to play up here right now and apparently based on that statement they are not convinced he would be the answer.

Juan Castro isn't the answer as we all know, and Janish is starting to look like a bench player at best at this point in Chattanooga.

Where do you find that guy???

Because I know for sure that if Boston had a shot to take him back now they would except for the fact that Kid Genius Theo Epstein signed Julio Lugo (hitting a svelt .194) to a 3 yr 27 million dollar deal. Hmm I would trade them Gonzo for Lugo, Wily Mo and 27 Million dollars!!!

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.