Thread: Even though the Giants lost the series

MLB ERA

Even though the Giants lost the series

But I was really happy for the Reds fans to see probably one final time both Bonds and Griffey play, especially at a high level, if Griffey gets traded and Bonds retires all Reds fans can say that " I saw Bonds and Griffey play on the same field one last time!" and possibly cherish this memory for years to come.

Turn 2

Re: Even though the Giants lost the series

They sure are two of the finest the game has ever saw.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Re: Even though the Giants lost the series

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    But I was really happy for the Reds fans to see probably one final time both Bonds and Griffey play, especially at a high level, if Griffey gets traded and Bonds retires all Reds fans can say that " I saw Bonds and Griffey play on the same field one last time!" and possibly cherish this memory for years to come.
    Yeah I was gonna go tonight but it didn't come to fruition. I was bit peeved about it, but nonetheless it happens.

I actually used to be a huge Bonds hater, and for the record I have not necc. fallen in love with the guy. Because I still believe he did something unsavory and illegal. And I think it helped him in a few ways.

But there are some things you simply cannot enhance with any amount of anything other than hardcore study. And Bonds has shown me the ultimate in plate command and discipline. He has also shown me that strength although it doesn't hurt, is not neccessary to hit HR's. Bat speed AND bat control are the ultimate combination. This is the only slugger I have ever seen choke up on the bat. And yet so few have followed suit, unreal.

He also used to be a major choke artist in pressure situations (Pittsburgh yrs. mainly) but he has also shaken that off to become one of the most dangerous hitters in any situation of all time.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.