Thread: Bucky F***ing Dent.... Gone

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bucky F***ing Dent.... Gone

By Hal McCoy
    Staff Writer

Tuesday, July 03, 2007
    CINCINNATI — There will be at least one coach replaced when new Cincinnati Reds manager Pete Mackanin takes over today against the San Francisco Giants.
    Pat Kelly, manager of the team's Gulf Coast Rookie League Reds, will replace Bucky Dent as bench coach.

Kelly spent last season as a professional scout for the Atlanta Braves and returned to the Reds for this season. Prior to that, Kelly managed Chattanooga, the Reds' Class AA affiliate in the Southern League, in 1993-94.
    Kelly, 51, has managed 12 different minor-league teams during his career after retiring as from active play, mostly as a catcher in the minor leagues, making the majors with Toronto in 1980.
    Dent out as Reds bench coach

Wow, the star power and talent this staff will have next season will be staggering. Mackannin, Pat Kelly, when will god realize we have been blessed enough? And for the record, I am stating this as given Krivsky's comments, I wouldn't be surprised if they stick on if the Reds luck swings the other way a bit, which it has to and thus makes them to be more impressive looking.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Bucky F***ing Dent.... Gone

Cool. Can this keep on going please? Pole should have been the first out teh door, but I guess not.

Supposedly today Mackanin will be making decisions on what he wants. I am not too sure how much weight his decisions will have though. Later Bucky.

Turn 2

This decision to add Kelly as the bench coach could be a sign for the future for the Reds as there permanent manager of the future. He has experience managing in the minors and they are just grooming him. As for making changes to the team and seeing what Mackanin wants. I think the first would be 1B Votto.

MLB ERA

I highly doubt Mackanin will be the permanent manager.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Turn 2

I think he will be the manager for the rest of this season and that is it for Petey Mac.

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

Pat Kelly. Goodness. Casey Stengel next?
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

Turn 2

Stengel would even be an upgrade.

AAA ERA

man if that rumor is true that Girardi said no because he couldn't bring in his own staff is true, this really pisses me off even more

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

The rumor concerning Girardi was shot down by Krivsky in the press conference yesterday. He said they were only concerned with the Narron firing and have not talked to anyone yet.

Today's press conference introducing Mackanin garnered a question concerning Dent. Krivsky was asked about what happened there and he said it wasn't pretty. More or less it seems Dent was upset at not getting the manager job.

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

Wow..interesting.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I am starting to wonder if our scouting department is going to be worse without Mackanin.

Wurtland Middle School
    Rookie ERA

When I heard "Kelly" would be the bench coach I immediately thought Tom Kelly from Minnesota. Oh well, I should have known better to get excited. If I were Bucky, I'd be mad too if I got passed over for Mackanin.