Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to see the GM do the robot? Talk to O'Brien about Jimenez' departure

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    like i said, if they made the move because of his attitude, i support it, i don't like guys who cause trouble, i just didn't know that he did. but if they are saying that it was performance base, i don't think that that is totally fair. He showed last year that he couldn't hit leadoff, if miley wanted to play him he should have known that. What about:

Felo
    Randa
    Dunn
    Kearns
    Griffey
    Jiminez
    Casey
    Larue

If that lineup had been used from the beginning fo the year, i guarantee that Jiminez is still on the team and producing. That to me says the performance problem was Miley's not Jiminez's.
    Why would you have Jimenez hitting ahead of Casey?

Because of the right left thing vs lefties, but it wouldn't really matter. My point was just that even if they were wedded to the idea of playing jiminez, they should have hit him lower in the order, where this year and over his career he has been a lot more effective.

also, if you go by the numbers jiminez put up when not in the leadoff position, they are better than casey's (see earlier post).
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think a lot of that had to do with him batting on the left side and right side as well. he was phenomenal from the rigth side and dead on the left. So, if we keep him, we put him in the bottom of the order against lefties only. Makes it sound like he would be a good backup/righty pinch hitter. But is not at all worth it if he is lazy and has an attitude as you mentioned Wally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12