Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perrlozo gone; Narron next?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Perrlozo gone; Narron next?

Lets face it, the Reds are still losing. We all fealt and still feel like their talent is still better than what we are seeing. The organization states this in itself all the time. So what gives?

The O's got rid of their manager, is it time for the Reds to follow suit?

Lets flip it a bit real quick though. I find myslef wondering something but refuse to defend Narron at all costs. This may sound like a defense for the Reds manager, but I assure you it is not. But what if it isn't Narron who is causing the problems on this team.

Look beyond the talent of these ballplayers and tell me what you see. Do you see much? You probably don't because you don't know much about them outside of what you read from the media. But is this team made up of a bunch of babies?

Are we looking at a team that can't handle a manager who defines himself as a "baseball guy?" Is Narron a little too old-school for these guys? I ask these questions with legitimate concern. We hear that this team lacks a leadership mentality. But how much of this is true? Do we really know? I can see a guy like Weathers or Conine stepping up and taking charge when need be. But if this team does lack a leader, they have nobody to hold them accountable besides the manager. Who in turn becomes the boss you hate to be around as he always has something to say.

Is Narron that guy and is this team having this problem? What do you think?

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Perrlozo gone; Narron next?

This team does lack a leader and IMO The Manager should go to a Griffey, Dunn, Weathers, Harang type and tell them to step up. A good manager seeks help from his players, co-workers, ect. If Narron has done this it does not show, OR, the players have Zero desire to take this kind of Roll. If that is the case Narron should demand a player or two with that type of mentality to be added to the roster. With that being said, Narron has mis-managed many aspects of his job, the bullpen being the main one. He sticks one guy in night after night and rides him until he is toast, but then keep going to him. That person starts getting lit up and then his confidence is GONE. Coffey is the prime example of this. I do not know what the team needs but Narron has not shown me he has what it takes to manage in the Majors, but that is just my opinion.

In this situation, if the Reds had the talent to compete for the NL Central I would fire Narron in a heartbeat. But, the problem is they don't. There's glaring holes on the team with a special emphasis on the bullpen. If anyone had to be fired I think it would have to be Krivsky because Narron is just playing the guys that Wayne gives him. Regardless, I think it will be interesting to watch what happens with the Orioles the rest of the year. Firing a manager IMO does nothing without fixing the other problems on the team first.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
    In this situation, if the Reds had the talent to compete for the NL Central I would fire Narron in a heartbeat. But, the problem is they don't. There's glaring holes on the team with a special emphasis on the bullpen. If anyone had to be fired I think it would have to be Krivsky because Narron is just playing the guys that Wayne gives him. Regardless, I think it will be interesting to watch what happens with the Orioles the rest of the year. Firing a manager IMO does nothing without fixing the other problems on the team first.
    i disagree 100%, this team on paper is far better than their record, and with the NL central being the worst division in baseball, I think with a different manager at the onset of the season they would be in the thick of it, granted i do agree that changing the manager now won't do them any good, but to say that the team doesn't have the talent is way off base

MLB ERA

Narron PH for Hamilton(one HR in the game already) with CASTRO in the 9th today...no words. Maybe the dumbest move I've ever seen.

He is using Coutlangus totally wrong (bringing him in often and for short periods instead of for longer periods and slightly less frequently). Brantley says his arm was hanging today on the mound. He shouldn't have been in. He's going to destroy him like he appears to destroyed Arroyo.

Hopefully today was his last day managing the team...
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    Narron PH for Hamilton(one HR in the game already) with CASTRO in the 9th today...no words. Maybe the dumbest move I've ever seen.

He is using Coutlangus totally wrong (bringing him in often and for short periods instead of for longer periods and slightly less frequently). Brantley says his arm was hanging today on the mound. He shouldn't have been in. He's going to destroy him like he appears to destroyed Arroyo.

Hopefully today was his last day managing the team...
    I did not get to hear the game today and am glad now. I would have thrown the radio through the wall when he pinch hit Castro for Hamilton. That is just a small example of why he should not be managing a MLB team. That is just moronic aaggghhhhhhhhh

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Well guys look at some of the deal you made. They have not been that good. Also yes your manager is bad but you can not blame everything on him. The team is not playing well. If there could be a KC vs Reds series KC would win. Why, they at least put out a full TEAM effort. Reds don't lets face it.

Your club needs to make a blockbuster deal to shake things up. Then if Naron continues to struggle then fire him. Players need to step up and play to there FULL potential!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

mntwins, while I appreciate the thoughts I just have to disagree with this after last night. My decision is finally made. Maybe this team isn't an easy one to manage. Maybe that is true. But I would rather have to walk through hell every day and stare in the face of the Devil shouting "God rules" than to have to play under a guy like Narron. I almost don't blame this team for being ineffective.

Narron is garbage. A bum. No more "baseball guy" bull crap. Its time for you and your moronic mind to go. Castro? Hamilton hits lefties better than him. Narron's excuse?

per C Trent:

"Two outs, nobody on, trying to get a right-handed hitter up there, Castro is 1-for-1 lifetime against him. If there was someone on base, I’d have given Josh a chance to whack it out of the ballpark. I’m just trying to get something going any way we can."
    1 for 1? 7 years ago! Embree (the lefty on the mound pitching to Castro last night) has given up a .286 BA vs lefties this year. Vs righties? .253!

Narron, are you kidding me?

MLB ERA

That was the perfect sample size to use; isn't Jerry brilliant?

Ignore the fact that Lohse has a higher OPS than Castro this year. Ignore the fact that Hamilton had a HR and needs experience against LHP. Ignore the fact that Embree hasn't been as good against LH.

We're living in Jerry's World and the view is a wasteland.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Did he seriously say that? He's 1 for 1 lifetime - 7 YEARS AGO????

Holy crap, you gotta be kidding me.

MLB ERA

Unfortunately he is not kidding you at all.

His logic was he had a hit off him (1-1)...one that happened seven years ago.

Just so beyond words I can't even write any other words about how beyond words it really is.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I wish there was a way for me to refuse to live in Jerry's world any longer. But I am a Reds fan.

Hey BCast, look at what your fans are going through please. You are supposed to be a fan like us. How do you put up with this?

MLB ERA

At this point I'm thinking Jerry is as bad as if not worse than Bob Boone.

Seriously. Let that sink in.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    At this point I'm thinking Jerry is as bad as if not worse than Bob Boone.

Seriously. Let that sink in.
    didn't take long to sink in, i gotta agree with you..

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Just for the record, Narron is a big reason why we are not getting the best out of the current players for a host of reasons. Narron does need to be gone, although he is not quite as bad a manager as was Boone. Bob Boone may have been one of, if not the worst manager I have ever seen.

BTW here's a tidbit from Lance's blog, an interesting note IMO.

So, do you think
    there is any chance Bob Castellini phoned Joe Girardi and is now flying him into Cincinnati for a behind closed doors meeting and dinner?
    I continue to be told by baseball sources that Joe doesn't think he'll get the Yankees job if Torre is fired, and that Joe's top choice is the Cubs job....but that the Reds job is still a possibility. I'm told there are some within the Reds organization continuing to pitch Joe's name. Joe knows what salaries the Reds have coming off the books and what they have coming up from the minors.....plus he knows the NL Central is there for the taking.
    Keep an eye on who purchases the Cubs, and whether they like Sweet Lou at the helm. Lou's approval rating is dropping with some in and around the organization.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast