Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refugee Posters?

Rookie ERA

Refugee Posters?

What happened to the traffic around here? When I first came over after the RZ fallout there were a ton of newbies. Now they all seem to be gone. I've grudgingly started posting over there again, but would like to see this place do well too.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Refugee Posters?

Agreed, it was hoping for about a week and now seems nobody is here, or posting. I won't post again at RZ because of their country club BS rules so I sure hope more come here. IMO this forum is MUCH MUCH better and no one acts like they are better or judging everything you say

Yes I have chimed in from time to time now on RZ,but they really irked me the other day when a ''sun deck''poster was commenting on a play during the game.Well the moderator got wind of it and immediately closed the thread.It's unbelievable the arrogance now over there.I love the Reds and always will,however they act like people are busting down the door on RZ to join,and this team hasn't done squat in 12 years.
    There lucky to have the posters that they have,and are doing nothing to manifest that.Sorry,i dont want this to turn into another rant about them.But people coming over here after the fallout seemed to be going back.For crying out loud it was just me and another poster in the game thread the other night,yet the ''RZ simpleton's'' cannot even post in a gamethread there.What gives?

MLB ERA

I guess the quantity of threads is higher there so it is more fun for them to post there?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Yes I have chimed in from time to time now on RZ,but they really irked me the other day when a ''sun deck''poster was commenting on a play during the game.Well the moderator got wind of it and immediately closed the thread.It's unbelievable the arrogance now over there.I love the Reds and always will,however they act like people are busting down the door on RZ to join,and this team hasn't done squat in 12 years.
    There lucky to have the posters that they have,and are doing nothing to manifest that.Sorry,i dont want this to turn into another rant about them.But people coming over here after the fallout seemed to be going back.For crying out loud it was just me and another poster in the game thread the other night,yet the ''RZ simpleton's'' cannot even post in a gamethread there.What gives?

It is amazing to me that people will put up with that crap when they just do not have to. I cannot believe the nerve of them to close a thread because someone comments on a play during a game. That is like getting kicked out of an out of town stadium for rooting for the other team. I thought censorship was outlawed in this country. I guess not over at the holy grail called RZ. What a bunch of arrogant AHoles. Sorry to rant and call names but that is just plain WRONG.
    I would go over there and try and get people to come here but I am afraid they would burn my house down.
    I am done now sorry.......

Wurtland Middle School
    Rookie ERA

I refuse to post "over there" myself. I read some of the tidbids people provide on the Sun Deck. But, I don't even read the other board. That's a good example of some guys who have a inferiority complex in real life taking it out on other people online. If you notice, the guys in charge over there never really post much in the way of baseball talk. They just show up to flex their cyberspace muscles occasionally.

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

i'm still around.

I think the primary culprit in the lack of activity around here is the Reds' poor play and the subsequent loss of interest from fans. Personally, I hate watching this team right now. It's an exercise in pure futility and frustration. The team does NOTHING well but it does a whole lot of things poorly.

I simply cannot stomach watching the bullpen blow lead after lead, day after day.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    LOL, that was me.

Hamilton gunned a guy at the plate and I started a thread talking about Hamilton's arm and it got closed.

And the moderator apologized to everyone who responded to my post! :lol:

Ex-Tree
    Rookie ERA

Well, I didn't post much at RZ, I don't post much on here. But, I can tell you that I'm not going back to RZ. However, I don't think the Reds are as bad as their record shows. The lack of middle relief has devastated that club, and it's a shame. Harang has been good, and Hamilton continues to be a good story. Jr's run at 600 will be the only thing that will keep fans coming to the park this summer.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Guys this always is active! hang in there. Mission and the others keep your boards active! Weekend is here Fathers Day is tomorrow, so I expect tomorrow evening things pick up again. Feel free to post in other forum topics / teams.

You can always talk about how BAD my Twins are playing vs Milwaukee. Slowey is on the mound tomorrow Twins will win this one for sure!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Still here just not enough to really comment on as it's unfortunately all been said about this team. I still post on RZ as well, but I still enjoy this board as well.

Not too mention that I haven't actually watched a game in over a week, I have had some car troubles and have been working that out plus it just seems the only spare time I have it's been when the Reds are on an offday or played early or something.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I like this place alot. I have no idea what my ERA thing does, but I love watching it.

AND I HATE REDSZONE. Giant bunch of ******s, I hope their site crashes. They need to get over themselves and their incessant love for Adam Dunn. Ignorant pieces of shit.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

nice post. pm me the address so I can check it out. Just want to see what the talk is all about.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

I don't visit the other site anymore, but i wanna puke every second i listen/watch a reds game....we either don't score much and the other team scores a lil more, or we score a lot and the other team scores a lot more....today w/ arroyo was ridiculous, he needs to lay off the sauce and the guitar, and concentrate on allowing less than a 10 era.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ButlerBulldogs View Post
    I don't visit the other site anymore, but i wanna puke every second i listen/watch a reds game....we either don't score much and the other team scores a lil more, or we score a lot and the other team scores a lot more....today w/ arroyo was ridiculous, he needs to lay off the sauce and the guitar, and concentrate on allowing less than a 10 era.
    Yep it is turning into one of the worst years I can ever recall as a Reds fan (1970)
    There is just no will to win with this team anymore, and you are soooo right about Arroyo, he has been horrible for a long time, yet everyone seems to still think he is a pitching God. If he is so darn good at the guitar and singing maybe he should change jobs. Seems like pitching well is not his top priority

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast