Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

No panic button for Lindner

No panic button for Lindner
    Quick decisions on Peņa, Miley, others not likely

By John Fay and Cliff Peale
    Enquirer staff writers

Though it's unclear whether the Reds will do anything today before their 7:10 p.m. game with the Cleveland Indians, here's three things they won't do:

Make any changes in the front office. "It's too early for that," chief executive officer Carl Lindner said.

Make any changes as far as manager Dave Miley or his coaching staff. "It's status quo," general manager Dan O'Brien said. "It's a non- issue."

Activate Wily Mo Peņa from the disabled list. "After getting the medical reports (Thursday)," O'Brien said, "it doesn't appear that he's ready to come off the DL."

The Reds wrapped up a seven-game road trip by losing four in a row. They've lost 16 of 20 and are in last place in the National League Central, 11 games behind the St. Louis Cardinals. At 14-26, the Reds are on pace to lose a franchise-record 105 games.

That's not what anyone in management had in mind when the club increased the payroll by about $15.3 million.

The payroll was raised to $61.8 million, and the Reds signed six free agents.

Lindner made his first statements about the club's woeful start in a short interview after American Financial Group's annual meeting.

"As I look over the different teams, this kind of thing goes with baseball," Lindner said.

Is he frustrated?
    Click here for the rest

AAA ERA
    damn it, not one bit of good news

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Time to look in the morror? What does your mirror say? It better say something. BTW what is so wrong with Pena now? Kind of weird if you ask me.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Time to look in the morror? What does your mirror say? It better say something. BTW what is so wrong with Pena now? Kind of weird if you ask me.
    yeah his injury was so minor they didn't put him on the DL for a long while, now he isn't ready to come off, i would have thought he would have been ready before his time was up to come off

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I really don't understand this team's medical staff. If Pena was this hurt, why did they keep him around as day to do for so long even having him pinch hit a few times IIRC ? We could sure use the mighty bat of Wily Mo and if they put him on the DL when they should of it sounds like, who knows, we could of been getting him back soon.