Thread: Burton to DL; Coffey back up

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Burton to DL; Coffey back up

Per C Trent Rosecrans:

The Reds today placed on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to yesterday, RHP Jared Burton (low back spasms); recalled from Louisville RHP Todd Coffey; reinstated from the 15-day DL and optioned to Louisville RHP Elizardo Ramirez (sore right shoulder)...Ramirez is scheduled to start for the Bats tonight.
    I really hope that Coffey can soon become that integral part of the bullpen. I just haven't been able to figure out why he isn't effective. His stuff is till there, it is just not working for him. We could really use him now that this team seems to have caught on to a bit of a fire.

AA ERA

Re: Burton to DL; Coffey back up

Good to see the Lizard back in the mix. Hopefully he can make a decent comeback and end up helping the Reds bullpen. As far as Coffey goes, I think Narron just has to manage him a little better and realize he isn't Scott Sullivan.

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

Those back spasms. They'll get ya. Hope he'll be able to fully recover and be able to lead a normal life someday. Baseball should be the last thing he's worried about.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I really hope Narron just uses Coffey in strict middle relief type of situations, after all of this failure and inability to throw strikes in setup counts... I just don't think he has it. We need bullpen help anywhere and if he can keep his confidence in middle relief, it will still be an asset.

MLB ERA

I love how they have had to make up injuries twice now to keep from sending Burton back to the A's.
    He's not even worth making up injuries over.

Wurtland Middle School
    Rookie ERA

Burton's low back spasms = his butt hurts from sitting the bullpen bench

Got alil captain in you?
    Rookie ERA

my opinion on burton is if your not gonna use him send him back. There's no reason for him to hold a bullpen spot when we could have somebody up here who's actually effective. Call up billy beane and work out something so we can send the kid to AAA where he can improve himself.