Thread: Milton to have Tommy John Done for season

Got alil captain in you?
    Rookie ERA

Milton to have Tommy John Done for season

per C.Trent milton is scheduled to have tommy john and is done for the season. This would effectively end his career as a red. It just hasn't worked out for uncle milty but i wish him well hate to see a career end like that.

C you there
    MLB ERA

Re: Milton to have Tommy John Done for season

I said I wanted this man gone but I didn't say for this to happen to him

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think the Reds would bring him back and at a low cost obviously (if hardly anything.) It's a shame too, Milton was certainly awful for an 8 million dollar starter this season but not near as bad as some made him out to be considering he was our #5 after Belisle's emergence.

Maybe one day when he's healthy he can net himself a decent position as a lefty reliever as obviously his body has an assortment of injuries that really affect his performance. He seemed like a good guy, a good guy who got a contract he should of never received.

I am pretty sure we should be able to qualify for insurance, so let's hope for that and maybe then we'll have some more flexibility.

AA ERA

Hard to believe it has come to this. I really wonder though, why it took 2 months to figure this out? Especially if he has been hurt since '02 like he claimed. Good luck to him. Hopefully that means some of the younger arms may get a chance by ST next year.

Also I feel sorry for all of those that spent big money on those Homer Bailey jerseys.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Milton had excellent success as a one inning guy, if you check his 1st inning stats career wise, he was very good. Kind of a head scratcher that they never tried him out there.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Exactly. With his injuries, it makes sense for him to come back as a lefty reliever. He wouldn't be a worldbeater, but he could be semi-effective and a cheap option to look at. That contract has prevented him from switching roles though as the Reds seemed willing to go down in flames with him as a starter, especially with that disastrous first year of 8 million dollar baseball.

obviously, it turned out to be a horrible investment..but the big free agent pitchers that year have been just as terrible...

Carl Pavano (Mr. Injury)
    Matt Clement (Mr. Injury, Jr.)
    Kevin Millwood ('07 8 Era)
    Odalis Perez ('07 5.68 Era)

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Please, don't ever insult Carl Pavano by calling him "just as terrible" as anyone, he's the worst free agent signing in MLB history. So give him his due.

I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ButlerBulldogs View Post
    obviously, it turned out to be a horrible investment..but the big free agent pitchers that year have been just as terrible...

Carl Pavano (Mr. Injury)
    Matt Clement (Mr. Injury, Jr.)
    Kevin Millwood ('07 8 Era)
    Odalis Perez ('07 5.68 Era)

That is a great point man. I am just glad that by next season we are done with this. As far as trying him in the bullpen, I feel the same as you guys. Just too much money invested and the money talked.