Thread: "Big" Juan Castro

"Big" Juan Castro

HOw is this guy on a mlb roster?? batting .143, i about lost it when narron pinch hit him for lohse last night, Lohse has a higher batting average and is a better hitter!!

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: "Big" Juan Castro

The HUGE problem with the team is he is about all we have on the bench, but I also felt why not let Lohse just hit for himself. Looking at the lineup Sunday I figured we would get shut out but was big time wrong. Only problem was it really did not matter due to our wonderfull Bull Pen Wayne has put together for us. This loss is what Losers are made of (Wayne). We seem to always find ways to turn blowout wins into either nail biters or blown losses, today was the prime example of that.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redram38 View Post
    The HUGE problem with the team is he is about all we have on the bench, but I also felt why not let Lohse just hit for himself. Looking at the lineup Sunday I figured we would get shut out but was big time wrong. Only problem was it really did not matter due to our wonderfull Bull Pen Wayne has put together for us. This loss is what Losers are made of (Wayne). We seem to always find ways to turn blowout wins into either nail biters or blown losses, today was the prime example of that.
    the huge problem is called Jerry Narron

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033 View Post
    the huge problem is called Jerry Narron
    Yes I have to agree here also. he has no clue how to use his Bull Pen. He will over use one guy and keep others on the bench without even giving them a shot. He also does not seem to learn from failure since he insist on running the same guys out there that are getting shelled night after night.

Then today Dunn is sick so he sits him and then still benches Phillips. Castro did have a decent day but that is def not the norm. To many of the same mistakes night after night and no sign of learning from any of them.

after Coutlangus walks the first two, don't you think it is time to take him out?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ButlerBulldogs View Post
    after Coutlangus walks the first two, don't you think it is time to take him out?

I was at the game and the answer to that is an astounding yes. (Sounded like Marty there haha).

Anyhow, Narron blows it again. I have to agree with redram here though too. Krivsky has got to get better relievers and bench players on this team. The supporting cast for the Reds is awful. In a way, I feel sorry for Narron. But he just seems to figure out a way to get the absolute worse guy out there in the worse situation for him. If you don't have much to mess with, then at least mess with it right.