Thread: Bailey, getting the call?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Bailey, getting the call?

Before Saturday's game in Coors Field against the Colorado Rockies, before Bailey's Class AAA Louisville Bats game against the Durham Bulls, Narron said, "Bailey pitches tonight, and if he has a good game, he has a shot at it (starting Saturday). It is up to him."
    General Manager Wayne Krivsky said, "He is one of the guys on our list, and we'll see how he does (Saturday night) and what our people there say."
    Bailey won his sixth game Saturday, giving up four runs and seven hits in six innings, walking three and striking out nine.
    Narron said, "You guys (beat writers) better check your boards and see who will be well-rested for next Saturday." After his Saturday start, Bailey will have six days of rest before the Indians game.
    And it was just little more than a week ago when Narron told the Dayton Daily News, "Bailey will be here shortly."
    Bailey's debut could come against Indians

Danget! I say that because it was one week too late for me to catch this live. Other than being selfish, this looks like it could be the time we have all been very patiently waiting for. It is a matter of fact that if this indeed happens we will all be glued to our TV screens. Expect a sellout fellas. I would go get my tickets now.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Bailey, getting the call?

Livingston pitches great and we send him down. Was he hit a bit harder than the results show? Of course. Were there other relievers to get the axe so that MacBeth could come up? Sure. The Reds are close to 10 games back, we're facing our "rivals" the Indians and we're doing it at home.... does anyone else feel this kind of cheapens it? I am not saying that Bailey might not be ready, but this just sounds like a real easy way for the Reds to generate fan interest more than anything. Again, I think Bailey can handle himself just fine, but I wish the Reds would make some more ballsy moves than this to get the fans going.

MLB ERA

Re: Bailey, getting the call?

this ****ing sucks.

my family is going to STL to watch the STL series then drive to cincy and watch the cincy series and they're going to watch baileys debut.

i'm stuck at home because we're 3 people short at work so i have to work.

i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]