Thread: redsrbetter meets krivsky

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Reds redsrbetter meets krivsky

redsrbetter is at the game tonight and Wayne krivsky is sitting 4 rows in front of him. After Griffy hit the home run, redsrbetter said "thats why you have to trade him". Then krivsky turned around and looked at him and gave him a wink and a smile.

This is redsrbetter's friend and he thought you should know this info.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: redsrbetter meets krivsky

resrbetter was oblivious to Krivsky flirting with him...I hope you flashed the wedding ring chief

MLB ERA

Draven would like to know who krivsky is?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Draven first must stop talking in third person speak, that's my bit and don't you forget it. (I know, no third person speak, but I am referencing something.)

Secondly, Wayne Krivsky is the former Twins assistant GM and Reds current GM (early 2006- present.)

I would of ask K if he thought he has made this team better since he has been here.

I would not have passed up the chance to let my fellings be told...very bluntly.
    Check out the new pic... This kid is the 1st pick in the 2022 baseball amateur draft.
    His 1st bobblehead night will be in Dayton 2023!!
    Mark it Down!!!

Wurtland Middle School
    Rookie ERA

What section and row was Kriv in? I'll be there tomorrow and would like to talk with him.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Draven first must stop talking in third person speak, that's my bit and don't you forget it. (I know, no third person speak, but I am referencing something.)
    Your bit? I did it off of Reds post.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    What section and row was Kriv in? I'll be there tomorrow and would like to talk with him.

Section 130 row 13.

It was an amzing game guys. I just got chills when I saw him walk right past me and immediately I said "How you doing Mr. Krivsky?" He looked at me and just shot me a glance.

I tried to listen to what he was saying at times, but I just wasn't close enough. (4 rows behind him). So I tried to read his lips at times with no avail.

About the game; Hume and Dent were hitting fungos to the infielders and I thought EdE wasn't starting as Castro was fielding from 3B and EdE was just standing near 2B the entire time. He never took any infield from what I saw. But I did walk in about 10 minutes after they started.

Hopper's route to the ball in the outfield is awful from what I saw tonight. Definitely needs work. His bat has been hot enough to allow others to think about getting rid of Freel. But Freel is a far superior defender.

Hatteberg simply gave me what I expected. Professional ABs going deep into the count. Much better presence than Conine IMO.

Griffey is amazing as always. I find myself amazed at watching him play still. Every time I see him he hits one out. The opening post explained my approach to it and my talking to Krivsky. It amazed me that he acknowledged my words though. He seriously turned around and looked directly at me and threw a wink. I am not sure what it is supposed to mean as I know he isn't going to share any thoughts with some dude sitting in the stands. But it lit a fire under me.

Phillips kind of pissed me off when he GIDP. He showed a complete lack of hustle. He was merely jogging down the line and not giving it any chance to be even a close play. I watched him go into the dugout afterward to see if Narron would rip into him. Nothing.

Dunn had a bad night. I watched him go into the dugout after striking out in his first two ABs. He was truly upset. I am happy that he is showing that he cares about it even if it never fixes itself. He is definitely emotional about it. Also, his little nubber in front of home plate; he ran as hard as he could to try and beat the throw. Dunn really impressed me outside of his play tonight. His passion on his failure and his hustle were outstanding.

EdE made some nice defensive plays and hit the ball real hard tonight. He seems a lot more calm than earlier in the season. I think he is definitely locked in right now.

Gonzo's HR was a hit and run and he just got something up in the zone and crushed it. The defensive lapse? He was trying to transfer the ball from glove to hand too quickly. He has really quick hands, but I am wondering if it gets the best of him sometimes. It has happened exactly like that a number of times already this year. Of course I had to say something. "And just think, we got Gonzo for his defense." No acknowledgement from Krivsky.

Valentin was taking pitch calls from Narron in the dugout. But only in certain situations. That foul ball was hit very hard. I was telling everyone sitting next to me that he can crush a fastball. But that pitch was a changeup and he killed it. His ground rule double was a fastball though.

Livingston was very lucky tonight IMO. He was getting hit very hard every inning. But the ball found leather a lot of the time. His curveball was very slow and forgot to break for him a lot. Especially against a lefty. His fastball was not a fastball at all. More like a changeup for many pitchers. Seriously averaged at about 84-85 all night. I have to give it to him, he kept us in the game even with Valentin catching. But he did get hit very hard.

When Ross came up to pinch hit. His swing was behind a couple of fastballs. I had to yell "this guy can't hit the fastball." And "slow bat." No acknowledgement from Krivsky. But he was nodding with his pal next to him. Whether or not they were talking about the same thing, I am not sure.

Then Castro came up. I wanted to say something when he was double switched in for BP. But I let it go. Then he stepped to the plate and I said this; "We may as well had the pitcher stay in the game and bat for himself." ".175 OBP, you have got to be kidding me!" No acknowledgement.

Weathers comes in the game and had me biting my nails. So, I decided to give it a chance one more time. I yelled; "This team really needs a closer Krivsky!" Then he looked at his friend seated next to him and said something. Then they were both nodding and laughing.

Krivsky never got on his cell phone once. I found myself watching him the whole game. He had a scorecard and a stopwatch just like a scout would. He had about 10 other guys seated around him keeping score as well.

He looked really disgusted after the Gonzo botch, when Salmon walked those two hitters, and his friend was shocked that the just missed Dunn HR didn't go out. Other than that, he seemed to keep his emotions in tact. It was awesome to try and analyse how another guy is analysing the game. If that makes sense.

I had a blast guys. Newman, I will be there Sunday as well. I am going to try and get the same seat. Hopefully Krivsky sits in the same spot these next few games.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    Your bit? I did it off of Reds post.
    redsrbetter wasn't speaking in the third person though, his friend was posting for him as indicated in the first person.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    redsrbetter is at the game tonight and Wayne krivsky is sitting 4 rows in front of him. After Griffy hit the home run, redsrbetter said "thats why you have to trade him". Then krivsky turned around and looked at him and gave him a wink and a smile.

This is redsrbetter's friend and he thought you should know this info.

By the way, thanks for posting this Dwayne! Now stop lurking and get back on these forums. I believe you registered as Bazzo. Get in here and give Fishercat some company bro.

HOIT HOIT

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    redsrbetter wasn't speaking in the third person though, his friend was posting for him as indicated in the first person.
    I didn't know it wasn't him, but I'll still do it again if I get bored again. However, most of the time I don't anyway.

Why would he be in the stands? Did anyone else recognize him?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I didn't know it wasn't him, but I'll still do it again if I get bored again. However, most of the time I don't anyway.
    Sarcasm tags should really be wrapped around my posts. But I love the defiant spirit, of course that's make me want to break you of it even more, nonetheless its admirable and damn frustrating.

(In case you were wondering.... ta da, Lord Sarcasm.)

MLB ERA

i've met j.allen before i wanted to punch him
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Rookie ERA

Why would he be in the stands? Did anyone else recognize him?
    FO personnel and ownership sit in the stands all the time. It's not at all uncommon.