Thread: Everyday Eddie come back asap!

Everyday Eddie come back asap!

After that scare by Weathers tonight,I hope his return's sooner rather than later.Cout is holding up his end of the deal,I cringed when I heard Stanton was loosening up in the pen.Dodged a bullet tonight thats for sure.I just like Eddie's fire he brings to the team,and others can feed off of that.If we're going to right this ship,I mean get to at least 500 ball for now,somebody is going to have to give this team a swift kick in the ass to keep them going.

AA ERA

Re: Everyday Eddie come back asap!

I really don't think Eddie Guardado is the Reds answers to the bullpen problem. just my opinion.

I'm not saying he's the answer,just someone who get's fired up and show's it when he's on the hill,right or wrong.

AA ERA

The answer is: DFA Stanton to make room For Eddie E. that would be fine with me.

Let's hope and pray.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Weathers is always a bit scary, but you can argue with the results so far this year. His WHIP is a lot lower than his career would lead you to think he would have at this point, the BAA is modest, SO:BB is at a fine number and he's only blown one save to this point. Take out that disastrous Pittsburgh outing (which is Narron's fault as much as it's Weathers) and his stats are actually pretty good all in all. I am not saying I feel like we have Billy Wagner in his prime out there tossing, I just don't see Eddie coming off injury/surgery to be all that much better at one of our fewer (relative) bright spots. He will of course be a boost for the pen no doubt if he comes back like he did from the trade last year.

And I agree with RF4L 100% as to what should be the corresponding roster move.

Minor Leaguer
    AA ERA

It is amazing that modern surgery has advanced so far that we are actually eagerly anticipating the return of a 36 year old reliever that had major, reconstructive elbow surgery just a few months ago and expecting him to improve our bullpen. Wow.

Or maybe what is amazing is that our bullpen is so bad that we have to resort to hoping a 36 year old guy coming off Tommy John surgery will be an improvement. Wow.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    It is amazing that modern surgery has advanced so far that we are actually eagerly anticipating the return of a 36 year old reliever that had major, reconstructive elbow surgery just a few months ago and expecting him to improve our bullpen. Wow.

Or maybe what is amazing is that our bullpen is so bad that we have to resort to hoping a 36 year old guy coming off Tommy John surgery will be an improvement. Wow.
    yeah I am going with the latter

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Sure would be nice to have a Cordero type. We won in 1990 because of the Nasty Boys, Dibble, Myers, and Charlton. Oh for just one of those types today.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redram38 View Post
    Sure would be nice to have a Cordero type. We won in 1990 because of the Nasty Boys, Dibble, Myers, and Charlton. Oh for just one of those types today.
    yeah i think its funny that we won because of our bullpen, and while we have had better lineups, and at least somewhat close to a comparable rotation, we have never had relief pitching like that ever since.

it'd be nice if we get a really good closer come up from the minors and become the closer for the next decade, ala Rivera or Hoffman...I would settle on a guy like Danys Baez or Bob Wickman, though