Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better."

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Reds Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better."

AT

Tonight its Matt Belisle vs Jason Jennings. Matt has looked bad of late but he will look to build on Lohse's last start and keep this team afloat. This team knows that they cannot afford anymore ridiculous losses and they need to start putting winning streaks together. Thanks to Kyle Lohse we have won a game. Now it is time to go for two in a row.

The Astros are putting Jason Jennings back on the mound for the first time since April 8th. He is coming off the DL after having tendinitis in his elbow. Here is how the Reds have played against the 0-1 3.00 ERA right hander over their careers.

Versus Jason Jennings...         
    OPPOSING HITTER...ABHHRBBSOBAOBPSLGOPS
    Adam Dunn...186135.333.429.6111.040
    Ken Griffey Jr...134222.308.400.7691.169
    Alex Gonzalez...115112.455.500.7271.227
    Brandon Phillips...41001.250.250.250.500
    Scott Hatteberg...30000.000.000.000.000
    David Ross...20000.000.000.000.000

Tonight's Lineups:

Cincinnati Reds  Houston Astros
    #Pos.Name...Pos.Name
    1.CFNorris Hopper...3BMorgan Ensberg
    2.1BScott Hatteberg...1BMark Loretta
    3.RFKen Griffey Jr...RFLance Berkman
    4.2BBrandon Phillips...LFCarlos Lee
    5.LFAdam Dunn...CFHunter Pence
    6.3BEdwin Encarnacion...2BCraig Biggio
    7.SSAlex Gonzalez...SSAdam Everett
    8.CDavid Ross...CBrad Ausmus
    9.PMatt Belisle...PJason Jennings

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better.

You guys see us getting a 'W' tonight? I think Belisle has a lot to improve upon this time out. Thankfully we are facing a righty tonight.

MLB ERA

Re: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better.

Belisle has been BABIP unlucky lately and still has that good DIPS ERA.

Also, it seems Valentin will no longer (thankfully) be catching him, which is also very good for him IMO. He has a chance with Ross out there tonight.

That's not say he definitely won't have a bad outing tonight or at times during the rest of the year, but I think the chance of quality outings will be improved.

In watching his games lately, I really don't think he's been that bad. Has given up too many hits, but really has had some bad luck too and his stuff has looked pretty good to me.

And Hopper leading off is very sad. I would much rather see Hatteberg in that spot.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Excellent point on Valentin bro. I am going to have to check out the BABIP in a moment as well. But on Valentin, he was catching Belisle seemingly every time out. You have made it abundantly clear that Valentin's prowess at calling a game is less than stellar to say the least. Incredibly, management has acknowledged this same problem. Too bad that didn't come to our site and see your thoughts weeks before they made a decision.

So hopefully this will help Belisle tonight. He needs all the help he can get.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

And Hopper leading off is very sad. I would much rather see Hatteberg in that spot.
    I like Hopper as a decent leadoff hitter, but I am not sure it's here and tonight. He is OPSing at about a .300ish clip this year VS. RHP. But right now it's either him or DeWayne Wise and we know what we have in Wise.

It's time for Hopper to attempt to unseat Freel. Not likely but gotta give the kid a chance, he has some tools. We'll see what he's got for about the next week until Hammy gets back.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Wish I were at home to see this game. Can't gain access to mlb.tv while at work. Hopefully we have a good turnout tonight.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Just FYI, Ross scratched due to the 'ole flulike symptoms and Moeller starts. Ross is ava. to pinch hit if necc.

This per FSN, Fay, Rosecrans and anyone else with ESP(n)!

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'll be on in a few for the thread guys.

MLB ERA

Hopper singles to RF.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

It just occured to me why I kinda like Hopper, he reminds me of Billy Hatcher as a player.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Moeller in! Danget!

Whats up tonight fellas? Lets get a win!

Nice start from Hopper.

MLB ERA

Hatteberg hits a couple liners foul, then takes a ball. And another ball. Fouls one off. Takes a very close pitch for ball 3. He walks. 1st and 2nd, 0 outs.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Rally Time! Come on Jr.!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Nice walk Hatteberg.

Thanks for the PBP CRF. I am glad you are doing it because I have no other way to view the game but through you guys and in my mind.

MLB ERA

Griffey swings at ball 1 and comes up empty. Takes a ball low and away. Takes a strike at the knees. Takes a ball in the dirt. GIDP to 2B. 2 outs. Runner at 3B.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast