Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better."

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better.

EdE hit it hard I imagine. Good to see that is still happening. Gonzo coming out of his slump?

MLB ERA

Re: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better.

Moeller takes a strike. Takes a ball just low and outside. Takes a strike. Fouls one down the 3B line. Fouls one again down the 3B line. Loops one to SS. It drops. Runner tagged at 2B. Thrown to 1B and the DP is completed.

0-0 game, Mid. 2nd.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Two innings-two DPs.

We have to get out of that one of these days.

MLB ERA

Lee Takes a ball. Hits one to LF. Caught by Dunn. 1 out.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Isn't it strange that we have different expectations for different players. I was sitting here thinking to myself man Moeller is really working Jennings good AB Chad. If it were Dunn I would be thinking jeez Dunn do something with one of those.

I know it's insane!

Then of course Moeller reminds me why I am not a fan, by creating 2 outs with his AB!

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

When was it decided that Valentin all of sudden couldn't catch, I mean at all? Let's at least get a catcher who can hit his way out of a paper bag if Valentin is on constant bench/pinch-hit duty.

MLB ERA

Pence takes one just low. Takes a strike. Takes one low and inside. Fouls one down the 1B line. K's swinging. 2 outs.

MLB ERA

Biggio Doubles down the LF line.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Belisle's fastball is looking nice tonight, hitting 93-95.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    When was it decided that Valentin all of sudden couldn't catch, I mean at all? Let's at least get a catcher who can hit his way out of a paper bag if Valentin is on constant bench/pinch-hit duty.
    Well, I have said it all year.

But we definitely need someone better than Moeller when Ross is unable to catch.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Belisle's fastball is looking nice tonight, hitting 93-95.
    He left that one up though. Come on Matty!

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I hear you Rijo. I try and keep the same perspective on every player. But we all know that npt every player is the same. I expect more from Dunn because he will give you a better AB than Moeller.

I honestly think I expect more out of Hatteberg than anyone though. The dude sees so many pitches and is extremely patient in every AB. I just love the way he approaches the game. I expect a lot out of him every time up really. This just makes me end up hating him for not producing more than I would expect. Its never smart to exceed expectations no matter how good the player is.

But, what else is a baseball fan to do? Its the company your acquire becoming a fan.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I hear you Rijo. I try and keep the same perspective on every player. But we all know that npt every player is the same. I expect more from Dunn because he will give you a better AB than Moeller.

I honestly think I expect more out of Hatteberg than anyone though. The dude sees so many pitches and is extremely patient in every AB. I just love the way he approaches the game. I expect a lot out of him every time up really. This just makes me end up hating him for not producing more than I would expect. Its never smart to exceed expectations no matter how good the player is.

But, what else is a baseball fan to do? Its the company your acquire becoming a fan.

I agree, Mr Hatte is a solid guy at the plate. If he had 'roided up he would have been a beast. But we all know Hatte isn't that way!

MLB ERA

Everett takes a strike. Takes a strike on the ouside corner. Takes one just outside. Fouls one back. Takes one down and inside. Lines one to CF. Hopper has it go under his glove. A run scores. Biggio goes to 3B. Rounds his way to home for the inside-the-park attempt but thrown out after a great throw by Phillips.

1-0 Astros after 2.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hopper just made a complete ass of a play with that insane CF behind him, but Phillips saved the day with a throw right on the money.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast