Thread: "The Bunt"

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

"The Bunt"

Any of you local Cincinnati folks or anyone within listening range of 700 WLW hear Narron's take on Conine's sacrifice bunt in the 9th which ended up only sacrificing himself?

Was there any closure about it? Did Narron call the sacrifice or did Jeff decide to do it on his own?
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

Ex-Tree
    Rookie ERA

Re: "The Bunt"

Not sure, but Marty and Jeff were in agony on WLW. I have a hard time believing that a vet like Conine would go to the plate with the intention of sacrificing with none out.

Thats was an atrocious move,Thom said if your going to bunt at least get someone who knows how to do it.When your at home with no outs,you play to win.I'd like to pound Narron over the head several times with Earl Weaver's book on strategy.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Chris and George said that Conine got the call form Narron to do it.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Chris and George said that Conine got the call form Narron to do it.

Yep I heard that on the broadcast tonight as well. Yet another stand up broken move by Narron again. I have no doubt he called it for Hatteberg tonight too.

We have all listed so many things Narron has done wrong yet this FO doesn't understand that he has faults. They seem to think there is a reason to stand behind him. The bunt calls were bad, and his desire to keep veteran pitchers in too long should have been noticed right away. There are a lot more things as well like his lineup and love for veterans and disliking to young players. This is just getting very hard to watch. I will never stop watching the Reds but we are in a very bad spot these days and it feels like we have guys making incompetent decisions to the liking of the DanO/Miley days.

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

I am drunk tight now and I hate that I am a reds fan. It was a friday night and I went out wiht my friends. I saw how we lost. By gravy...what a horrible team and manager we hgave.. How can we get him fired?? I don't think it will happen any time soon.

I did see some pretty hot chicks tonight in Gainesvielle so it is hard to be angry. I am getting married in less than 2 months. I should just be thankful for what I have, but, I am still pissed off at the Reds for being so bad.

Please fire Narron.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

Minor Leaguer
    AA ERA

I have to believe that Narron will be gone soon. I don't care what Krivsky says. Narron is on borrowed time. He has lost this team. They don't respect him because he is a loser. His strategies are antiquated.

Why keep asking guys to bunt if they can't bunt? I have seen Encarnacion, Gonzalez, Conine, Hatteberg and Castro bunt into unintended outs. Why does Narron constantly want the Reds to intentionally make outs? They make enough outs without doing it on purpose.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Narron may be on borrowed time but we know how this organization works as of late, you fire the current scrub coach, hire the bench coach as the "interim" manager and then hire him for real at the end of the season regardless of the coaching market or how he did.

We need a real coach and I lack the faith in this organization that they are willing to spend the cash needed to bring one here. If RCast was really serious, he would fire Narron and lure in one of the few respectable coaches either not working now or in Japan over here and at least make the claim that they aren't going to give up on this season. But trust me, I realize that is unlikely.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

If I were drunk and posting about the Reds, I would probably end up banned.
    the #1 Redszone Reject: TeamSelig

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    If I were drunk and posting about the Reds, I would probably end up banned.
    Nah, not on THIS board.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You guys supply the rants, I'll supply the Pabst.

(Hey, I am not rich enough to get something that decent considering the amount we'll need to forget out worries.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I'll take some stones bro.

I like thepoint of the contant cycle this franchise is in as well. "Lets fire the manager and our bench coach will fill in until we find something better." Then comes; "oops, we failed to find something better, lets not admit that to our fans."

I hate the thought of having Dent managing this team because all he is going to do is take on the Narron philosophy (whatever that is). Just like Boone to Miley and Miley to Narron. Bench would be more of the same. We need a fresh face to the organization.