Thread: Enrique Cruz Clears Waivers

Enrique Cruz Clears Waivers

FYI, Enrique Cruz (AA SS) cleared Waivers, and the Reds now have 39 men on the 40 man roster.

Is Homer coming?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Enrique Cruz Clears Waivers

Hmmm, makes you wonder for sure.

Almost everyone in the world can see a need and a reason for Bailey to be called up. Too bad one of those people is not the guy who makes the call.

AAA ERA

wouldn't bailey be due up to start this weekend.. and we are at home this weekend.. hmm

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033 View Post
    wouldn't bailey be due up to start this weekend.. and we are at home this weekend.. hmm
    I don't think it would be the wisest move, but from the standpoint you are looking at it from... it's the weekend, we're playing another weak team and patience is wearing thin, it could very well be what gets folks out to the ballpark for a while longer.

I would prefer to give Dumatrait a shot though before Homer, especially since he is currently on the 40 man roster (no need to put Homer on it unless we're fairly certain he is too stay IMO.) Although Dumatrait's performance might be questionable, it's clear that Lohse needs to go to the pen as essentially a demotion for the abomination otherwise known as his pitching of late.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    I don't think it would be the wisest move, but from the standpoint you are looking at it from... it's the weekend, we're playing another weak team and patience is wearing thin, it could very well be what gets folks out to the ballpark for a while longer.

I would prefer to give Dumatrait a shot though before Homer, especially since he is currently on the 40 man roster (no need to put Homer on it unless we're fairly certain he is too stay IMO.) Although Dumatrait's performance might be questionable, it's clear that Lohse needs to go to the pen as essentially a demotion for the abomination otherwise known as his pitching of late.
    I agree that I wanted to see Dumatrait come up first because he was on the 40 man, but with the open spot it just seems interesting.. I don't think they will do it, but the situation is ripe for it

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I think Lohse would be fine in the pen. He still has good stuff. Maybe try that out.

Dumatrait vs Bailey? Who get called up first? I think I would go with Dumatrait first if it were not for the open 40 man spot. But NFL has a point, you have to fill that spot with somebody.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I think Lohse would be fine in the pen. He still has good stuff. Maybe try that out.

Dumatrait vs Bailey? Who get called up first? I think I would go with Dumatrait first if it were not for the open 40 man spot. But NFL has a point, you have to fill that spot with somebody.
    yeah Minny tried the Loshe in the Pen thing, he didn't do that well, a little better, which was why i couldn't believe we tried him to start when we got him last year.. I know everyone got excited earlier this year with that fantastic start he had.. but ultimately he is still the same joke of a pitcher that we all poked fun at last year when we got him.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I think I'll pass on Homer coming up right now. Rather see what Dumatrait can do. If he sticks around, then in a couple weeks, bring up Homer & eat the rest of Miltons contract (or send him to the pen as well)

Also,

I kind of wonder how Lohse would feel about being closer. Then again, I'm not sure that would be ideal either. He seems to have a problem focusing or something. I can't really explain his "bad innings" when he is dominant at other times other then that.
    the #1 Redszone Reject: TeamSelig

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I think I'll pass on Homer coming up right now. Rather see what Dumatrait can do. If he sticks around, then in a couple weeks, bring up Homer & eat the rest of Miltons contract (or send him to the pen as well)

Also,

I kind of wonder how Lohse would feel about being closer. Then again, I'm not sure that would be ideal either. He seems to have a problem focusing or something. I can't really explain his "bad innings" when he is dominant at other times other then that.
    like i said though who fills that 40 man roster spot if we bring Dumatrait up, and then who do we drop from the 40 man when you want to bring Homer up in a couple weeks..