Thread: Biggest FA Bust?

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

Biggest FA Bust?

The Yanks got 5 wins out of a 4 year, 40 mil investment in Carl Pavano.

8 million dollars per win. 8 mil.

Is there a bigger FA bust in the history of MLB?
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

Re: Biggest FA Bust?

He was a one year wonder to begin with, and I said it at the time. Now I definatley didn't see the injuries coming, but it was still a waste of money at the time.

Motivational Speaker
    Rookie ERA

In a strange sort of way, it eases the Eric Milton pain we feel, doesn't it???
    Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it!

"You're gonna end up livin' on a steady diet of government cheese and livin' in a van down by the river!" Matt Foley - motivational speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by TStuck View Post
    In a strange sort of way, it eases the Eric Milton pain we feel, doesn't it???
    We probably would have been better off if Milton was hurt as much as Pavano was. He would have never got a chance to suck as much as he has.

Motivational Speaker
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    We probably would have been better off if Milton was hurt as much as Pavano was. He would have never got a chance to suck as much as he has.
    Ain't that the truth! Never was one to wish ill will toward others, but I'm sorta hoping this latest trip to the DL for him drags on a while.
    Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it!

"You're gonna end up livin' on a steady diet of government cheese and livin' in a van down by the river!" Matt Foley - motivational speaker.

Minor Leaguer
    AA ERA

Is it wrong of me to get a perverse thrill when the Yankees get absolutely nothing out of a $40,000,000 investment?

I love it when the huge contracts they hand out go totally bust or get hurt. Jason Giambi, Randy Johnson, Kevin Brown, Carl Pavano. I love every one of those.

You would think they would get a clue eventually. Especially with pitchers. Giving that much money to a pitcher is just foolish. Pitchers get hurt way too frequently. I would imagine the bad contracts outnumber the successful huge contracts like A-Rod and Jeter. But they have so much cash to spend that it will never change until a commissioner has the balls to enforce a hard salary cap like the NBA or NFL.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Chan Ho Park comes to mind. Eric Milton is up there too.
    the #1 Redszone Reject: TeamSelig

Jeff Weaver one year 1,825,000.

0-6,14.32 era,currently on DL.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Jeff Weaver one year 1,825,000.

0-6,14.32 era,currently on DL.
    its funny, but i think everyone knew he was a 1 year wonder