Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 5/22 Nationals vs Reds: Let's Make It Two In A Row

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: 5/22 Nationals vs Reds: Let's Make It Two In A Row

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    I don't know if im going to get in trouble for this, but since i cant PM yet... Mario-Rijo, where do you work at in "The Burg"?
    You're banned!

Seriously though, read some of the game threads on here, the Yankees forum, High-Heat forum et al...and you will find many, many pointless, random, and inane comments that pertain to nothing.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Our latest High-Heat Matchup (at http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...-heat-matchup/) was full of purely enjoyable chatter and asinine randomness... it all just makes it that much sweeter when watching the games.

Besides, when things get real depressing, you either can have random chatter or you drink to numb the pain (or you can combine the two if you want to have a bit of fun.)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Ross hits one into the 2nd deck! WOW!
    I told ya guys a couple weeks ago Ross was going to start heating up at least slightly (although he couldn't go down much). My scouting report was spot-on, lol.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Last night this forum had about 75 posts in the game thread, tonight over 200! This is great. We have a real game thread! I was gone tonight, will be at the game tomorrow, so I will be back on Friday nignt! Screw the Zone!!!
    Check out the new pic... This kid is the 1st pick in the 2022 baseball amateur draft.
    His 1st bobblehead night will be in Dayton 2023!!
    Mark it Down!!!

MLB ERA

Can we PLEASE get rid of Stanton? He use to be good... he sucks now and we have guys who couldnt possibly do worse in AAA!!!! Good to see Coffey have another solid outing and further shortening (hopefully) the list of guys Moron I mean Narron would/could suggest sending down to keep Stanton.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Narron sucks. That is my analysis on the night. That is all.
    Hey, I think I have rights on this line!

But sometimes the "little comments" play things out the right way.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Last night this forum had about 75 posts in the game thread, tonight over 200! This is great. We have a real game thread! I was gone tonight, will be at the game tomorrow, so I will be back on Friday nignt! Screw the Zone!!!

On average we have about a 100. But you guys definitely have lifted the bar. Great to have you here for sure. Other than the ORG on redszone, I am not sure there is a better Reds game thread or forum for that matter.

MLB ERA

Although it seems clear he left Coutlangus in too long tonight, it's good to see him placed in a tight situation. That will only make him grow.

I have "scouted" him several times this year and have been impressed each time. His pitches have a lot of life and I think he can be a very good reliever in the near future.

Just give him the chance he deserves and cut the senior citizens out of the future plans.

I will be at tomorrow night's(Wednesday's) game for my BOBBLEHEAD(!!) and will be sure to issue my usual "scouting report" after the game.

Minor Leaguer
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post

Yes. I think it is the game threads that will be the impetus to get former Redszoners to come over to this new (to us) forum.

I am not a big game thread guy yet. Maybe I will give it a go. I will have to borrow my wife's laptop though. Then I can go sit in front of the big TV and chat with y'all.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Slyder,

I agree, no reason to keep Stanton around and Coffey has got to get demoted.

Coutlangus is a good reliever. Just had a bad night. He hasn't been as consistantly bad as Coffey and Stanton. I can't really be too mad at him. Clearly Narron just chose to be ignorant once again.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Yes. I think it is the game threads that will be the impetus to get former Redszoners to come over to this new (to us) forum.

I am not a big game thread guy yet. Maybe I will give it a go. I will have to borrow my wife's laptop though. Then I can go sit in front of the big TV and chat with y'all.
    I do the same thing when the Reds games are on ESPN. Too bad that doesn't happen ever.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I do the same thing when the Reds games are on ESPN. Too bad that doesn't happen ever.
    You can take solace in the fact that Yankees include both an e and s of Reds, which I think is why we get to see the Bronx Bombers so often is because ESPN does it also out of a homage to the Reds.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    You can take solace in the fact that Yankees include both an e and s of Reds, which I think is why we get to see the Bronx Bombers so often is because ESPN does it also out of a homage to the Reds.

My God, I never thought of it that way. Thank you so much ESPN!

Slyder,

I agree, no reason to keep Stanton around and Coffey has got to get demoted.

Coutlangus is a good reliever. Just had a bad night. He hasn't been as consistantly bad as Coffey and Stanton. I can't really be too mad at him. Clearly Narron just chose to be ignorant once again.
    I disagree. Cout is prone to the longball and has control problems. I don't have problems letting him be a LOOGY, and maybe he's being overused because he's had a nice streak recently, but I wouldn't fall in love with this guy. He's basically Shackelford. Highly limited in his usage.

The bullpen, young AND old, is still very bad. I'm curious about what Salmon might be able to do, but I'm not enamored with any of them. Some of the young guys throw hard, but hitters seem not to have too much trouble making contact with their stuff.

(However, I can't argue that Cout's been better than Stanton and Coffey, that's true.)

MLB ERA

I think Coutlangus has some real promise. I've watched his pitching carefully in person and on TV and while I agree he certainly has some areas to "clean up," I think he has some definitive talent.

The same goes for Salmon and Burton. Salmon has the most lively fastball but needs to get a couple better secondary pitches. Burton has control issues.

I do think all three can contribute to the future bullpen though.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617