Thread: Homer Bailey Predictions

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Homer Bailey Predictions

1) When will he be called up?

I'm thinking sometime here after the all star break, probably after we dump some players in a trade. I think at least a September call up is definiite, depending on the amount of IP he has reached by then.

2) How will he fair in his first year? First full year? (if applicable)

If he is called up at the very end of this year, I could see him tearing up the MLB a little bit. Maybe a 3 something ERA in a few starts. If he starts from say the all star break on... I'd say a 4.50 ERA would be about right (and fine by me)... First full year??? I think a low 4 ERA is probably right.

3) What will his career be like?

He sure has the make up to be a #1, but there are so many setbacks, injuries, and just not being good enough that could change all of that. I'm going to say he will have a good career... a #1 but not up there with the elite #1s

What do you guys think?

AAA ERA

Re: Homer Bailey Predictions

When will he be? - September
    When Should he be? - next spring

I think we will see little difference, outside of a few more runs allowed. I expect an average Bailey start to go somewhere between 5 to 6 innings with 3 to 5 runs allowed along with 6 to 7 K's and 1 or 2 Walks

Ultimately I think he will be a guy who will over in the 3.00 ERA around 200 K's, go about 6 or 7 innings

MLB ERA

1) They'll call him up in September to try and milk some of $$$ from a HOME debut. And get some "firsts" out of the way so he has some adjustment time to prepair for his "rookie" season. And I would agree with that thought process from the Reds.

2) Like most rookies I think he will have his troubles.

3) Nolan Ryan anyone? If youre going to dream... dream big . I dont really know what to expect of him.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

I think he'll be called up by the All-Star Break (quite possibly before).

I see an ERA around 4.10 for his first full year.

I think he might be a No. 1 and a top of the line one at that.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Minor Leaguer
    AA ERA

I think he will be called up in late June because they don't want his arbitration clock to begin this year. Waiting until June will prevent this year from starting the clock.

He will have an ERA of 4.00 this year. His starts will be inconsistent. Some masterpieces, some clunkers. I hope Narron is gone before Homer is promoted. Narron has a history of abusing pitchers. Bailey should be on a 90-100 pitch count per start. He should be the 5th starter, which would allow him to be skipped occasionally to keep him healthy and fresh.

His career will be that of a #1 starter assuming he can stay healthy. His talent is great and he is a smart kid. He will be a pitcher rather than just a thrower.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

One of the really fantastic things about Bailey is that he is still so young and still has a frame that he can add onto. Not to mention he should continue to develop and improve upon the other pitches in his repertoire.

1.) I think he'll be called up after the All-Star Game, how early depends on how much we need him. I would imagine the consensus of the front office was to not give him his first cup of coffee until this September, but I could see them bending that thought a bit if this team magically starts to climb back into the race.

2) His first full year, I would expect an ERA between 4.00-4.50 with some bumps along the road and some dominant outings to get us to there. His BB/9 would likely be a bit too high, and as he refines it that is when he will begin posting dominant start after dominant start. And the amount of strikeouts he post should be of no concern with Homer. The only thing I worry about, other than control, is for him to become too dependent on his fastball, especially if he has trouble locating his breaking stuff.

3.) It's too early to be making career calls, but he has the potential to be one of the top pitchers in the game for years to come. From Homer as a person, to his physical makeup and delivery, to the peripherals he has posted... it all indicates an ace in the making.