Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winning streak up ahead?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Winning streak up ahead?

Part 1 is complete coolguy.

I am not ready to give up yet. But thetime is very near. But when it is definitely over, your line of thinking is right on.

Your proposed lineup is very weak right there. But that is fine if we are done for the season. I am down with losing a lot of games for a better draft pick in 2008. Then of course you try Votto out for the rest of the season at 1B. The core of Votto, Hamilton, Phillips, and Encarnacion will be something nice to build on. With the hopes of seeing Bruce in '08 and the possibility of landing a btter bat in the catcher position, things don't seem so bad.

Not only that, our rotation/bullpen would be far better after getting something for Griffey/Dunn. I like it.

There will be a winning streak ahead without a doubt. The Reds should be at 22-23 right now according to the Pythag W-L with 210 runs scored, 223 runs allowed and only a -13 run differential. Even though the Reds are 18-28 they'll be a regression to around .500 as the season progresses. This team has it's flaw without a doubt but they aren't as bad as Kansas City with the same record and a -43 run differential.

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

The goal needs to be to simply get back to .500. If we can do that, perhaps we can start worrying about how many games back we are of other teams.

Right now, they just need to string a few wins together and start playing better basebal.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    The goal needs to be to simply get back to .500. If we can do that, perhaps we can start worrying about how many games back we are of other teams.

Right now, they just need to string a few wins together and start playing better basebal.
    yep that is how i view it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123