Thread: Harang on bereavement list

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Harang on bereavement list

I know NFL posted this on the ramblings thread but I figured it deserved its own thread.

per C Trent:

Aaron Harang has been put on the bereavement list and stayed in sad diego to stay with his ailing grandfather. A roster move (and I have an odd feeling it may be the big one, but I wouldn't put money on it) willl be made tomorrow

Also got this note from rob butcher (sorry it's late, just landed at cvg): “In an extended spring game today LHP Bill Bray threw 27 pitches in 2.0 innings with no complaints.

Depending on how he feels tomorrow, it is possible he could start a rehab assignment on Sunday.

Best wishes to Harang's family. Hopefully all will be well soon.

The big one? I suppose he is talking about Homer Bailey. But he is on the DL. I would be excited if he were not, but I just don't see it being possible. Maybe EdE coming back up? That sure would be nice.

In Trent's comments he says this to a member concerning Bailey:

i wouldn't do it, but let's just say i have reaason to think about it happeneing. i wouldn't do it, but, well, it's a possibility.

whothe bring up depends on how everything goes with harang. if they do expect him back in time, then yeah, a position player. if not, maybe they'd like to have a starter who kinda gets his feet under him before his first (or second) start. another thing to think about is duamtrait pitched on tuesday (and then an inning yesterday -- some wackiness with rain, etc)
    So Bailey just might get a start this weekend.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Harang on bereavement list

per rotoworld on EdE:

Edwin Encarnacion homered and doubled Tuesday in his fifth game for Triple-A Louisville.

Actually, the homer came today, as the game was suspended because of rain last night. Encarancion is 6-for-22 since his demotion. The real concern is that he's committed three more errors at third base. He's not going to be brought back until he stops the miscues.
    So he has found his stick. What about an accurate arm? Come on EdE get it done. Please we need you back. Anyhow, I really don't see it being him getting the call up because he would be staying then and once Harang comes back, another roster move would have to be made.

MLB ERA

I thought Bailey was injured?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yep he has a tight groin. I am guessing it isn't serious if he is a possibilityto get called up. C Trent hasn't just lead us to believe something without seeing its possible truth with his own eyes first. His mentioning must mean that there are definite whispers going on.

I guess we will see. But I truly doubt it even if it is a possibility. There are just too many reasons why is doesn't work right now.

AAA ERA

i did see something strange though.. Dumatrait only pitched 1 inning on his start Tuesday.. but i haven't seen anything about him being hurt.. because that would be who I would like to see called up to start Sunday

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I really wouldn't call up Bailey just for a cup of coffee. I just can't see the Reds bringing Bailey up for the Nationals series (or to start him on the road in Cleveland.) Let's face it, if this season continues this way for another week or two, this will be their last big draw to regenerate some kind of fan hype and I don't think they would waste it this early.

Who knows though. In general I do believe Bailey needs more time.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    I really wouldn't call up Bailey just for a cup of coffee. I just can't see the Reds bringing Bailey up for the Nationals series (or to start him on the road in Cleveland.) Let's face it, if this season continues this way for another week or two, this will be their last big draw to regenerate some kind of fan hype and I don't think they would waste it this early.

Who knows though. In general I do believe Bailey needs more time.
    i agree as well, he definately needs more time.. but I am not worried aobut rushing Dumatrait, so that is who i want to see called up for the spot start

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Macbeth is now also on the bereavement list... so we have two moves that were made, get ready guys:

Salmon (who should of been here anyway)
    Keppinger

I am glad it's not Bailey or Votto though.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Macbeth is now also on the bereavement list... so we have two moves that were made, get ready guys:

Salmon (who should of been here anyway)
    Keppinger

I am glad it's not Bailey or Votto though.
    that would be 3 not this year on bereavement list.. that seems like a record

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Cool, I am not too upset with that move. Whats is up with McBeth now?