Thread: Krivsky's report card

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Krivsky's report card

I just made a long list of what Krivsky has done for us so far. I also put a slight good to bad grade next to each transaction. I thought it would be nice to have a list of all the things he has done so far.

Free Agent Signings:

Eric Crozier- Who? (Nothing)

Dewayne Wise- .184 .184 .237 for Reds in ‘06. Playing in Louisville now. (Mediocre signing)

Jake Robbins- Who? (Nothing)

Anderson Machado- Sucked for the Reds in ‘04 and ‘05. So Krivsky resigned him. Playing in Louisville now. (Mediocre signing)

Tommy Phelps- Who? (Nothing)

Jacob Cruz- Good LH bat off the bench in ‘04 and ‘05. Krivsky resigned him. Released April 14th 2006. (Nothing)

Andy Abad- Had a good Spring Training in ‘06. Then never was heard from again. (Nothing)

Chris Hammond- Krivsky’s first bad signing. 1-1 with a 6.91 ERA for Reds. Granted FA on July 12th 2006. (Bad signing, wasted $800,000)

Chris Michalak- Went 2-4 with a 4.89 ERA for us. Not much help for us. (Mediocre signing)

Grant Balfour- What ever happened to him? I don’t think he ever pitched for us. (Nothing, Wasted $340,000)

Frank Menechino- Released April 14th 2006. Basically a nothing signing here. (Nothing)

Rick White- Went 1-0 with a 6.26 ERA. Lost on waivers to the Phillies on June 23rd 2006 (Bad signing, wasted $600,000)

Timo Perez- .194 .286 .323 in 31 ABs for the Reds. Sold to Cards on April 21st 2006. (Bad signing)

Scott Hatteberg- Has played well for the Reds. Posted .289 .389 .436 for the Reds last year. (Good signing)

Quinton McCracken- Posted .208 .263 .321 in 2006 for the Reds. Released July 14th 2006. (Bad signing)

Tuffy Rhodes- Hasn’t played in the big leagues since 1995. Released 1 month and 5 days later. (Nothing)

Alex Sanchez- (Nothing)

Terrence Long- Had a big money contract from the Royals in ‘05. Then the Reds signed him in ‘06 to a minor league deal. Released May 5th 2006. (Nothing)

Darrell May- Who? Released June 1st 2006. (Nothing)

Mike Venafro- Was good for the Rangers his first couple of years. Then more or less fell off. Released July 16th 2006. (Nothing)

Joe Mays- Went 0-5 with an 8.70 ERA for Reds. (Bad Signing)

Jason Johnson- Went 0-0 with a 3.12 ERA in 8.2 IP. (Mediocre signing)

Bubba Crosby- Playing in Louisville. (Mediocre signing)

Alex Gonzalez- Playing well for the Reds now. (Good signing)

Mike Stanton- Pitching horribly for the Reds right now. (Bad signing, wasted)

Chad Moeller- Playing for Louisville. (Mediocre signing)

Mark Bellhorn- Playing for Louisville. (Mediocre signing)

Brian Meadows- Released March 16th ‘07. (Nothing)

Eddie Guardado- Pitched real well for the Reds in the last stretch of the ‘06 season. On the DL now. (Good signing)

Dustin Hermanson- Worked out with the Reds in Spring Training ‘07. Was cut late in April 1st ‘07. (Nothing)

Kerry Ligtenberg- See Hermanson. (Nothing)

Ryan Jorgensen- Playing in Louisville. (Nothing)

Victor Santos- Pitching for the Reds. Not doing so good. (Mediocre signing)

Jerry Gil- (Nothing)

Waiver Claims:

Mike Burns-
    0-0 with an 8.77 ERA for Reds. Traded to the Red Sox for Tim Bausher and cash on August 28th 2006. (Bad claim)

Mike Gosling- 0-0 with a 13.50 ERA in 1.1 IP for the Reds in ‘06. Pitching for Louisville now and is having control issues. (Mediocre claim)

Matt Kata- See Andy Abad. (Nothing)

Brandon Watson- Who? (Nothing)

Trades:

Wily Mo Pena to the Red Sox for Bronson Arroyo and cash. (Great trade)

Bobby Basham to the Padres for David Ross. (Mediocre trade)

PTBNL (Jeff Stevens) to the Indians for Brandon Phillips. (Great trade)

PTBNL (Ben Kozlowski) to the Dodgers for Cody Ross. (Bad trade)
    Cody Ross was later sold to the Marlins. We lose Kozlowski for nothing.

David Williams and cash to the Mets for Robert Manuel. (Bad trade)

Kyle Edens to the Angels for Esteban Yan. (Nothing)

Brandon Roberts to the Twins for Juan Castro. (Mediocre trade)

Travis Chick to the Mariners for Eddie Guardado. (Mediocre trade)

Austin Kearns, Felipe Lopez, and Ryan Wagner to the Nationals for Gary Majewski, Bill Bray, Brenden Harris, and Daryl Thompson. Brenden Harris traded to the Devil Rays for a PTBNL. (Bad trade)

Justin Germano to the Phillies for Rheal Cormier. (Bad trade)

Zach Ward to the Twins for Kyle Lohse. (Even trade)

Zac Scott to the Phillies for Ryan Franklin and cash. (Nothing)

Mike Burns to the Red Sox for Tim Bausher and cash. (Nothing)

Cash to the Cubs for Josh Hamilton. (Great trade)

Jason LaRue to the Royals for a PTBNL. (Bad trade)

Javon Moran and Brad Key to the Phillies for Jeff Conine. (Mediocre trade)

Russ Haltiwanger to the Royals for Jeff Keppinger. (Mediocre Trade)

David Shafer and a PTBNL to the A’s for Kirk Saarloos and a PTBNL. (Even trade)

Chris Denorfia and cash to the A's for Marcus McBeth and a PTBNL. (Remains to be seen)

Rule 5 Draft:

Jared Burton (Good)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Krivsky's report card

I've only barely looked at the top of the list, but Kozlowski and Aurilia were both Dan O signings.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Krivsky's report card

I know I had a few of these messed up. So any help is outstanding. I want to keep this list as accurate as possible. I just added the Deno deal and I will edit those two. Thanks mission.