Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst possible Reds news ever just happened

MLB ERA

Re: Worst possible Reds news ever just happened

Call him up.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

When I saw this thread, I thought we extended Milton for another 3 years and brought back Jimmy Haynes.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    When I saw this thread, I thought we extended Milton for another 3 years and brought back Jimmy Haynes.
    ok that would be the worst news for reds fans.

lebowski wins :p
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA

Hey, you never know, having Haynes on the staff could give Milton the extra confidence and adrenaline to make his fastball touch 88 mph every once in a while.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    Hey, you never know, having Haynes on the staff could give Milton the extra confidence and adrenaline to make his fastball touch 88 mph every once in a while.
    yes, having Haynes would give Milton the confidence to know he isn't the worst starting Pitcher on the team

quick the shark repellent
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    1BB

I like.
    says more than anything else with him

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033 View Post
    not bad, would like to see more than 5 innings for 100 pitches, get that up to 6 or 7..
    He should start easily getting into the 7th once he gets that Change-Up working and he starts using it regularly. Right now I am sure he is getting a lot of fastballs fouled off.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Just last year around this team we couldn't get enough of Bailey. We talked about him at a major pace and we all were ready to see the "savior" come in and make something of this team.

Then, he got hurt. Check out what Doug Gray's blog had to say about this:

Today I was writing an article on Reds prospects for another site and while doing my research I decided to take a look at some of the numbers. Lets note that Bailey first hurt his groin June 26th in Philadelphia in the bullpen session before the game. Using the games he pitched from that point forward until he went on the DL versus all other games this year he put up these numbers between AAA and Cincinnati during those differing time periods.

I really think that if we want to look to what Bailey may do next year we need to really focus on the top line. Sure, he won’t put up that kind of line in Cincinnati next year but we shouldn’t try to project his 2008 off of what his overall numbers looked like last year when there obviously was a stretch of injured games that influenced his numbers big time that were clearly unlike the rest of his season.
    Sorry for no post yesterday, MVN was down almost the entire day so there wasn’t much in my control that I could do.
    Are we convinced that he is not as good as we expected? Or did we just get a glimpse of an injured player? Perhaps, Bailey is much better than we have collectively mistaken him for lately.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I've never been one to throw him out like so many seemed willing to do. I think he was slightly hyped as a lot depends on him developing his secondary pitches and refining his control... but the same could be said about a lot of players. People expected instant ace and that was just silly considering where Homer was not too long ago (A ball.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I agree man. Homer has a long way to go before he is considered as the number 1 pitcher many expected him to be. And I still think he can get there. But that control (or lack thereof) is killing his potential. He has to throw strikes bar none or he will soon be the next Todd Van Poppel. (Ouch, that was harsh)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12