Thread: Salmon to Louisville; Livingston gets the call

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Salmon to Louisville; Livingston gets the call

I am sure many of you heard about Livingston as being the Milton replacement already. But here is the official word from C Trent's Blog:

LOS ANGELES -- Brad Salmon will be optioned to Louisville on Sunday morning to make room for Bobby Livingston, who will start Sunday's game for the Reds.

Salmon was 0-1 with a 3.86 ERA in four games.

Expect Salmon to be back soon.
    Why Salmon though? Burton had 3 walks in his first outing. Then gets called back up and walks another batter tonight. Why not Stanton either? The guy flat out stinks. Or Coffey? He needs help and may not find it anywhere else but Louisville.

Whatever? This is a mistake on so many levels.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Salmon to Louisville; Livingston gets the call

Wouldn't Burton be left back open for the A's to snag if we moved him? I'd rather Salmon to see some undeserved AAA time then to lose Burton.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Good call there man. I didn't realize that was the case. With that point, losing Burton would suck as he still could be a good reliever potentially. But still, why not Stanton or Coffey?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Doesn't Stanton have a two year deal (for some reason)? I just don't see them putting him on waivers. Coffey has an option though and he could really use the time down there, but instead we will keep handing the ball to the man who can't throw strikes once he gets up on a batter 0-2.

MLB ERA

Stanton should have been DFA or Coffey to AAA or Santos DFA or pretty much anything other than this.

The organization is a joke in pretty much every way.

It's almost unwatchable anymore.

One of the only power arms in the bullpen is gone to make room for Livingston, while Stanton and the other soft-tossing garbage remain.

It makes me sick. I seriously don't know if I can deal with the awful franchise much longer.

And more good news: apparently Marty asked Krivsky today whether Narron was on the hot seat and he basically said "no way" and that even if this trip is a disaster he is still in great shape.

Castellini is a lying, pathetic excuse for an owner. "Burning desire to win?" Insisted we would be competitive? Power of Tradition?

What a sham.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    And more good news: apparently Marty asked Krivsky today whether Narron was on the hot seat and he basically said "no way" and that even if this trip is a disaster he is still in great shape.

Dude, Narron is Krivsky's boy. Last year I heard an interview with him where he was giving him so much praise and saying he has never known someone in baseball to be so in sync with him about the game. His leash is so much longer with Kriv running things.

MLB ERA

Castellini should have the final pull though and apparently he is thrilled with Narron too.

Why did he lie to us?

I prefer Lindner who at least didn't pretend he cared as opposed to Mr. "burning desire to win" yet I won't spend substantial money to help the team and continue to allow awful decisions to be made by Narron and Krivsky too without forcing them to even make any changes.

He should be ashamed of himself.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA

as far as Livingston called up.. woohoo.

but yeah they definately should cut some of that garabage we have in the pen.. well then again i still say its possible that its Narrons fault for their poor performance as of late