Thread: so the EdE saga continues.

MLB ERA

so the EdE saga continues.

per fay's blog:

Quote Originally Posted by john fay's blog
    Edwin Encarnacion has been optioned to Louisville and the Reds called up Jeff Keppinger.
    lovely. i don't know what to make of this one. edwin lets the emotions get the best of him, so he's going to take this hard. how he's going to react to this is going to be iffy.

this means we get to see juan castro in the lineup now!
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: so the EdE saga continues.

His confidence did look wrecked last night, and sending him down will either let that continue to plummet or if he finds success down there allow him to regain it. I am not surprised by it, I just hope this doesn't allow the Reds to trade him at his lowest low if Freel plays hot at third and for them to sell him off for a medicore relief option or two. Hopefully they are doing this for his own good as well as the teams and are telling him that if he gets his game back in check, he is still their 3B of the future.

MLB ERA

So... can EdE play second? The Nationals are interested imo.

MLB ERA

and I don't mean to rub it in, but man, Rotoworld's MLB writers bust out some good burns.

Reds optioned third baseman Edwin Encarnacion to Triple-A Louisville.
    And the Reds wonder why they're consistently a second-division team. Encarnacion is one of the team's best players, and the club is going to need him to bounce back if it has any chance of contending. Instead, it looks like he might be on the Austin Kearns path out of town. There should be several teams looking to find out just how much bullpen help it would take to acquire the 24-year-old.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Bye Bye EdE. This sucks! I love what he can do with the bat. This is simply a horrible start for him. The guy is not striking out in record numbers. He is hitting the ball hard. No doubt, he pissed me off last night, but to demote him and shrink his confidence more? Come on now.

I for one am pissed at this decision. EdE will likely be traded for bullpen help, we will likely go after a 3B in the draft and that will be that. Freel will be our stopgap at 3B until the 2007 1st round pick is ready to come up.

Looking too far ahead? Perhaps I am. But I wouldn't doubt it. I hated seeing Kearns and Felo getting traded and look what they are doing now. The same will go for EdE. Even I can see that he has far more talent in his bat than Narron and apparently Krivsky think.

AAA ERA

i really don't think I like this move too much, I mean I am all for getting Hamilton in the lineup everyday.. but EdE has shown some signs of life after a horrendous start. I really don't want to see his confidence wrecked because of this. and lastly my problem is that EdE isn't the reason this team isn't winning and we haven't done anything to address the real problem and that is Jerry Narron and the bullpen.

MLB ERA

Although this move seemed quite possible with Narron's apparent dislike of Edwin, I'm not as upset as I might otherwise be. He really does look to need some time to get himself together. He has shown some signs of coming out of the slump and then falls back into the same habits of ignoring plate discipline and looking tense in general. He seemed very tight. I think a short time in Louisville might do him some good at this point.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

EdE dissapoints in Louisville as well. From what I am hearing, the first groundball he saw in yesterday's game, he botched. Not good.