Thread: Homer Bailey

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Homer Bailey

Many would call this a good outing for tonight:

Homer Bailey - 6ip, 3h, 2bb, 1er, 3k. 49 strikes, 35 balls.

I would too. But look at it again. Look at how many balls he threw. He started out almost every at bat with a ball. Got behind almost every hitter and just got them to hit into Bats' gloves.

It is nice to see that nobody hit him hard and many were left guessing and just making weird contact. And even nicer to see that even though he didn't have his best stuff, he still ended up only giving up 1 run.

But his lack of control is a concern at this point in my opinion. Even though our bullpen is struggling, I think the worst thing Krivsky could do right now is call up Homer. That line shows me he isn't ready to be the dominate pitcher we need him to be yet. Just get the control down and then start thinking about his callup.

AAA ERA

Re: Homer Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Many would call this a good outing for tonight:

Homer Bailey - 6ip, 3h, 2bb, 1er, 3k. 49 strikes, 35 balls.

I would too. But look at it again. Look at how many balls he threw. He started out almost every at bat with a ball. Got behind almost every hitter and just got them to hit into Bats' gloves.

It is nice to see that nobody hit him hard and many were left guessing and just making weird contact. And even nicer to see that even though he didn't have his best stuff, he still ended up only giving up 1 run.

But his lack of control is a concern at this point in my opinion. Even though our bullpen is struggling, I think the worst thing Krivsky could do right now is call up Homer. That line shows me he isn't ready to be the dominate pitcher we need him to be yet. Just get the control down and then start thinking about his callup.
    yeah its too bad too becuase right now what we need more than anything is SP's who will go more than 5 or 6 innings, but with those ball counts.. its not likely he is going to give us that.. I think he has to stay in AAA for this season and then next year he can start out with the MLB team

Whatchu know about 'dat? Cambodia's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Re: Homer Bailey

Bringing Bailey up this year wouldn't be smart. Gaining him, or even God, wouldn't be enough to help us at this point.