Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Reds at Mets 5/17/05 (Round 2 Game 2)

MLB ERA
    Team MVP: Not applicable--- horrible performance from a horrible team.

This might be the worst Reds team ever, with nothing too big in the minors on the way and O'Brien as our GM.

The franchise is doomed for a LONG time.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    The lineup was poorly constructed, IMO. Casey shouldn't bat 3rd until(if) he ever starts hitting.

We actually scored runs when Randa batted 3rd.

Not likely to be a preview of the future for Ortiz either. He was hit well and just got lucky. His ERA on the year so far is still 5.55. He is beyond horrible.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Ortiz with a good outing although shaky early. But should be a good sign for things to hopefully come. Our offense lost ot tonigh without a doubt. This lineup is well constructed for once and this team stays in a funk. Can't really say much else.

MVP: Ortiz
    Virtually the same lineup 2 nights in a row and they combine for 3 runs and 9 hits

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Again I ask, where is Casey? Dunn and Lopez were closed books as well. They need to start hitting again soon.

MLB ERA
    Probably too busy thinking about what they're going to do after the game ends, just like most of our other players.

Freel and Randa are the only players I see consistent efforts from.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Kearns cannot take strike three to end the ga,e with a runner in scoring position. It just can't happen.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sad thing is, that happens so often with this team.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Not likely to be a preview of the future for Ortiz either. He was hit well and just got lucky. His ERA on the year so far is still 5.55. He is beyond horrible.
    I agree that is likely the case, but I got to give him props. He pitched seven solid innings (with a bit of luck) but the encouraging thing to me was the fact that he appeared to be in command of his control unlike past efforts we have seen.

The lineup was poorly constructed, IMO. Casey shouldn't bat 3rd until(if) he ever starts hitting.

We actually scored runs when Randa batted 3rd.

i understand the frustration, we're all tired of this, but that's pretty extreme. Ortiz is not that bad. most of us predicted that he would finish the season with an ERA somewhere between 4.5 and 5. You can find that thread if you want, i think that's about what people were expecting, and for the money, in this market, that's not bad. If you take out his one really bad start, the first back from injury, his ERA is 3.63, and he has been consistant. Maybe you think he has been hit too hard for those numbers, or he's gotten lucky, but even if you add a run to that ERA he's still doing what he's supposed to be doing, and that's keeping the reds in games. In 4 of his 5 starts he has done just that.

Also, the only reason this team is as bad as it is is the management. If Miley and DanO knew what they were doing, we would be bad, but maybe 3 or 4 under .500 bad. Not 11.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    The amount of baserunners he has given up overall is not good at all. It will catch up if he keeps it up. It does every season. He was awful the last time he was in Anaheim's rotation, and if he doesn't start giving up fewer hits/walks, he will be just as awful for us.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I agree that is likely the case, but I got to give him props. He pitched seven solid innings (with a bit of luck) but the encouraging thing to me was the fact that he appeared to be in command of his control unlike past efforts we have seen.

He also choked in the clutch. Most good pitchers would have been able to get through that 7th inning with their team ahead. It was only a matter of time before he gave up a big hit like that, and he did.

I'm sorry, but the team had finally grabbed a lead, and he blew it. As I said before, if he had been good so far this year, the story would be different, but he certainly hasn't been on the level of Josh Fogg, Mark Redman and Dave Williams, and other pitchers that the idiot O'Brien couldn't get if they were practically handed to him.

AA ERA
    Well the only thing I can say to that CRF is that at least he sometimes gives us more than 4 innings. I thought they said Milton was a inning eater too. It really doesnt matter though considering they both stink right now

MLB ERA
    It's pretty sad how low our expectations have become for these pitchers.

AA ERA
    Yes it is. Whats bad for me is when I hop in my car after work and before I turn the radio on I wonder how many runs the Reds are down instead of wondering if they are winning or not.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He also choked in the clutch. Most good pitchers would have been able to get through that 7th inning with their team ahead. It was only a matter of time before he gave up a big hit like that, and he did.

I'm sorry, but the team had finally grabbed a lead, and he blew it. As I said before, if he had been good so far this year, the story would be different, but he certainly hasn't been on the level of Josh Fogg, Mark Redman and Dave Williams, and other pitchers that the idiot O'Brien couldn't get if they were practically handed to him.
    With this offense and freaking Kaz Ishii on the mound, I expected more than one run. Yeah he choked but if the Reds scored 5 or 6 runs and we got a win, I think almost everyone would of praised him for a QS. I blame the loss last night on the offense, plain and simple. I am not taking responsibility off of Ortiz completely, but this is a team who doesnt rely on it's pitching, but the offense. And with 7 innings of 2 run ball, a win should come out. Just my two cents.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast