Thread: When Oh When will it be over????

AAA ERA

When Oh When will it be over????

I gotta know how long are we going to keep sending Milton out there.. I know we can't blame yesterdays loss on him.. but from what little i got to hear(had to be at work early today) out of Thom and Marty last night that his fast ball last night was snapping off at an amazing 86mph.. WTF.. this has to stop.. out Minor league staff has been outstanding right now, we have got to get Dumatrait up here to at least see what he can do.. it can't be any worse than Milton really.. this guy is a bum.. i want to see someone come up here and take a shot at making the rotation.. Homer is our investment.. i have no problems keeping him down in AAA all year, but Dumatrait.. we can at least get him up here to take a look

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: When Oh When will it be over????

Although Milton started the year on the DL, he has not come off it proving anything of worth. In 5 starts, he has reached the 6 innings plateau only once. This means 80% of the time Milton starts, we have to go to the bullpen early. The bullpen speaks for itself as a lousy thing to look forward to seeing when expecting a win.

The team has lost all 5 of his starts. He gives up 1.5 walks and hits per innings pitched. He has continued the same mold he has been known to fall in since coming to Cincinnati. For me, the question is not whether to get rid of Milton, but when will Krivsky pull the plug?

Are they sitting back waiting for Milton to earn a tenth of his salary? Phil Dumatrait is the perfect candidate for the job. He holds an amazing 0.63 ERA in 5 starts this year for Louisville. AAA hitters have hit .180 against him. The only drawback on Dumatrait is his lack of control. He has walked 13 batters in 19 IP.

The Reds currently have the best percentage of keeping opposing hitters from seeing 3 balls in an AB. (Heard that on Home Plate this morning). Dumatrait may ruin that for them, but could he be much worse than Milton? Perhaps Pole can work with him as he has with Lohse and Belisle this season.

Whatchu know about 'dat? Cambodia's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Re: When Oh When will it be over????

Agreed, strongly. Milton has nothing but disappoint when he came to Cincinnati. We have good starting pitches Harrang and Arroyo, with Lohse and Belisle developing well. Milton is the worst pitcher on the team, and maybe in the division.