Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilson To Long Relief?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    If he doesn't get put on the DL or sent to long relief after this latest poor performance, then I have to think O'Brien will never send him there. I would also think O'Brien is an even worse GM than I already do.
    I agree CRF. Something is obviously wrong, either physically or with his mechanics. I know some here including myself thought Wilson would fall back to earth a bit, but he is not THIS bad. Either get him healthy if injured or let him work out his troubles in the pen.

You should ask Hal if there are some grumblings about him getting checked out with Dr. K.

MLB ERA
    Good idea, I will try to do that soon.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by volzok
    I think the time is coming very soon to start looking to the future though.
    I agree, I just hope it isnt at the expense of guys like Dunn who will be making the big bucks soon. This lack of a LTC is really giving me bad feelings. If Dan O wanted to win back the fans hopes a bit, he would break his ludicris policy of no contracts through the season and give Dunn one.

I know Dunn has to be getting frustrated. Why wait a few years to let him boom and demand even more money? Make a statement to him, the team and the fans.

MLB ERA
    Unless the Dunn trade really IS going to happen...
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    Here's the problem. So O'Brien signs Wilson to anchor the rotation. Fine. But a quarter of the way into the season he's a human batting tee with an ERA of about 7. Do you leave him in there? No way!

Ditto for Weber and Aurilia. I'm fine with signing them. Neither is breaking the bank but when they show that they "haven't get it" then a good GM cuts bait. This GM has failed the cut bait test miserably.
    I agree Ray. Espicially when we have guys who can handle it and are younger. It's going to be interesting to see what Dan O does with Ramirez if Claussen can pitch and if FeLo continues to start when Aurilia gets off the DL.

If he continues to play the struggling vets without exploring other options, it will just show he is a very stubborn man. A captain who will go down with his ship. Hopefully he will come to his senses and find the rescue boats.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by volzok
    My bad CRF. I wouldnt mind seeing Keisler or Kelly get a shot at the rotation either.
    Kelly deserves a shot even if he just turns out to be a AAAA player. The guy has been awesome for quite some time now.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    We do need a LH or two in there. I think Milton can turn it around and I'm OK with giving Claussen some more starts. I wouldn't be surprised to see Koslowski in Cincinnati before the year's over.
    Kozlowski could be a future surprise for us. This was one of the few moves that I just loved of Dan O's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12