Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freel gets extension

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Freel gets extension

I don't think the Reds will trade anyone either unless there is an offer the Reds just can't refuse and that wouldn't be for Freel.

MLB ERA

For my thoughts on this matter, see mission's posts.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HafDawg2003 View Post
    I wish we'd stop crowning Josh Hamilton as the man. Hes got to prove it over a season or so before I'll pull out the anointing oil. I have faith in him, and I like him a lot, but come on guys... this is a guy who hadn't seen, if I remember, even over single A ball and is making the jump to the majors. Hes a stud and an amazing pickup, but lets hold off on making future plans just yet.

Gonzalez has the SS position this year and next, so no Phillips to SS. Freel was re-signed to do what he does best, which is super sub. He'll play some in the OF mixing time with Hamilton and giving Griffey days off, he'll give Phillips and Edwin days off... thats what hes best at. This is just a simple re-signing.
    in the limited time we have seen him Hamilton has impressed me far more then anyone else in the everyday lineup other than Dunn this season.. he needs the AB's to prove it.. but he will.

and the Gonzo signing was a joke, I know its his job, i didn't say that it was what they were going to do I said it was what they should have done

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Just for the record, I wasn't suggesting that Krivsky trades Dunn. I was simply trying to look at it from every angle. I agree, it would be a colossal mistake to trade our offense right now. And right now, Dunn is the majority of it.

My big picture:

Ross: Make him a backup catcher now (could trade)
    Valentin: Should be the regular starting catcher (no trade for now)
    Moeller: Trade bait (TRADE)
    Hatteberg: Good fit with Conine (Possible trade)
    Conine: Good fit with Hatteberg (Possible trade)
    Phillips: Slumping; but will pick it up (no trade)
    EdE: Slumping; but will pick it up (no trade)
    Gonzo: Has been awesome with the bat and the glove (no trade)
    Castro: Good defensive replacement late in the game (possible trade)
    Dunn: Best offensive production on the team (no trade)
    Freel: Makes things happen; slumping (possible trade)
    Griffey: Error prone in RF, Slowed bat (wish we could trade)
    Hamilton: Possible big things; could be future star (no trade)

DO NOT TRADE PITCHERS

That is how I look at it. So I am on board with not trading anyone at all. With the way our pitching is going, we do not need much more. I do see the pitching dropping off a bit, but not in a significant manner. With Majewski and Bray and later Guardado able to replace bullpen arms that start to suffer, we may be alright. We may not need to trade for a pitcher at all this season. As many have stated, if anything we need another bat. We have been winning games without any offense whatsoever, but the pitching cannot withstand this kind of action every night.

If we do get to the point where we have to find a way to get a good bat, how do we get it?

MLB ERA

I'm not sure anyone would want Moeller right now, unless they are looking for three catchers.

The idea of Valentin as the starting catcher scares me. I just don't see much success in an extended role.

On the other hand, as much as Ross has struggled, I did see some signs of him coming out of his slump last night and over the last few games. He still looks bad in some AB, but I think he's getting "closer" now.

Speaking of Castro's defense; he turned what could have been a DP(and well might have been with Gonzalez at SS) into a single before Coffey gave up that game-changing grand slam last night. He simply doesn't have much range anymore. He is good with balls he gets to usually, but he doesn't get to that many tough ones.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I did not get a chance to watch the game last night. I won't be seeing tonight's game either unfortunately. If Ross can come out of his slump and as we are all pretty sure Phillips and EdE will, I think our offense will be able to score some runs. That makes me excited to hear that Ross looked a bit better last night. Thanks for the observation man.

Same goes for what you said about Castro. I didn't see that play and I will be watching for that as well.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yeah, who's honestly going to want Chad Moeller?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

Hamilton continues to prove he needs to be in the lineup.

I don't see why he can't, he has all 3 OF positions he can play to give rest as well as on days when they need to rest EdE, and Phillips.

I did think of another option although it is just as unlikely as them playing Phillips at SS, and that is to move EdE to 1B so Freel can play 3B, and Hamilton CF

also did you see how Hamilton picked it in the top of the 8th..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12