Thread: Gonzo on bereavement list

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Gonzo on bereavement list

per Trent's blog:

SALT LAKE CITY -- The Reds will be without shortstop Alex Gonzalez for at least three days as he went on the bereavement list. He left this morning to attend to a family matter in Venezuela.

Gonzalez can be on the list a minimum of three days and a maximum of seven. Best wishes to the Gonzalez family.

A corresponding roster move will be made before Friday's game.
    I truly hope his kid will be alright. It never a good thing to hear that a 7-month old is ill. My prayers go out to Gonzo and his family.

So Castro is starting for him tonight. On a pure selfish level, I really hope Gonzo is back soon.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Gonzo on bereavement list

That's so sad to hear, hopefully his kid will pull through because I imagine at that age, any little thing wrong is a huge deal let alone something serious.

So what to do with the lineup? Phillips to SS, Freel to 2B and Hamilton at CF?

AA ERA

well they called up Enirique Cruz from AAA so i dont know what he'll be contributed as.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post

So what to do with the lineup? Phillips to SS, Freel to 2B and Hamilton at CF?

I think that would be ideal, but I am not too sure they are ready to give Phillips the chance at SS. We may be seeing Castro a lot this next week.