Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Cubs at Reds 4/4/2007

MLB ERA
    Well, it looks like the Reds might struggle with him too.

What is it about him that makes our teams struggle against him apparently??
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

I never got it. When he faced the Red Sox, a sometime ineffectual breaking ball got absolutely deadly (think about the difference between Arroyo when his curve is on and when it is off) and even his normal pitches were a puzzle to the Sox. It didn't matter how hot the Sox were, they simply couldn't get good contact off of the guy. Mussina is the same way against the Sox when he is on, and Kazmir looks like the new Lilly, but those two are far more successful.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, he was using that breaking ball to fool them some tonight. Even his fastball seemed to get blown by a lot of our hitters. His stuff is not that great, but we seemed pretty clueless against him. I really hope we figure him out or get lucky and get to avoid him the next time we face the Cubs.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    A lot of the dominance could obviously be explained by a lack of experience against him, I think we had like 4 total AB's versus him. But then again, I would have to imagine there is sufficient film of a guy who has been around as long as Lilly has. Either way, that wasn't a performance to remember by any means. Ross looked utterly pathetic tonight versus him, that's for sure. He would throw that same fastball to him time after time and Ross acted as if it was a Clemens fastball circa Boston Red Sox Clemens.

Then what's the excuse for my BoSox?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617