Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Cubs at Reds 4/4/2007

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    haha, ours match bro. Yeah, the more you post without rep, the higher the ERA. The thought of it is, you want to make as many posts with quality enough to receive rep in order to drop the ERA.

MLB ERA
    Well PBP probably doesn't help much unless I am getting a large amount of rep for it, lol.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yeah, same here. But I like to talk during the game. It is by far my favorite part about being here. Just talking to you guys about what is going on. Expressing frustrations and going crazy on high points of the game. Just makes the place that much sweeter.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    talking during the games can be fun, but for me tonight, too much time doing engineering problems to do as much watching as i wanted. actually spent 3 hours away from my computer!

eh, you guys should tee off tomorrow. facing Marquis should help your cause. who do you have going?
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    eh, you guys should tee off tomorrow. facing Marquis should help your cause. who do you have going?
    If the rotation hasn't changed, it should be Lohse. So we could be in for an interesting game tomorrow if both pitchers are at their worst.

MLB ERA
    Lohse.

It could be good or ugly. You just don't know with him.

And thanks mission, but I wasn't whining, just noting what happens with PBP in many cases.

Oh, for the record, I will be at Friday night's game. Someone down the hall asked me to go since it is teen/college night. Will be out in RF waiting for Dunn HR.

Might also go Saturday night too.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    oh goody. if temps were like monday, it would be like 22-20
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    My reputation comment was in jest. If everyone who sticks around for the game thread shares some reputation, that and a really solid post that would gain another rep addition or two would take care of any ill effects.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, I usually try to give rep to those who have been at least semi-decent attendants in a game thread (more than a handful of posts typically).

I'm not begging for rep from everyone, just pointing out for everyone's sake that PBP involves posting a lot of posts but not much rep unless it is given. Since it involves all those posts, rep goes down faster for those who do PBP unless they are given a large amount of rep.

MLB ERA
    Pirates are (3-0) now.

I hope they cool down this weekend or we could wind up 5 GB by the end of the weekend if we lose tomorrow and get swept by them.

I really hope the Pirates and their $38 million payroll don't stun the baseball world and has another quality season for a Pittsburgh area team.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    Pirates are (3-0) now.

I hope they cool down this weekend or we could wind up 5 GB by the end of the weekend if we lose tomorrow and get swept by them.

I really hope the Pirates and their $38 million payroll doesn't stun the baseball world and has another quality season for a Pittsburgh area team.
    And then if the Pirates go on a 10 game winning streak while we conversely go on a 10 game losing streak, we would be 15 games beyond them and the season would be over before it began.

Isn't it a little early to be making predictions like this? Not doom and gloom predictions but the whole 5 games back if this, that and the other happen predictions.

MLB ERA
    I think if we are 5 GB by the end of the weekend, we could be in major trouble.

It is worth pondering, IMO.

We could quite possibly lose tomorrow and they appear hot right now. Plus, Milton looks to pitch on Sunday.

Haha, Ted Lilly is YOUR problem now. No more facing him four times a year and getting our asses dominated while Lilly sucks against everyone else. NO MORE! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Fisher, you are so lucky I don't know you in person.

I would have to kick your butt I'm afraid.

Seriously, the day Ted Lilly signed in the NL was one of the best days of the offseason. He basically guarantees the Sox 3-4 losses per year and the Yanks 3-4 wins
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast