Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hermanson cut; Milton to DL?

MLB ERA

Hermanson cut, Milton to DL, Santos not on roster

Will post more when I get it, but Dustin Hermanson was saying his goodbyes. One more cut to go

Apparently, Hermanson had no interest in an assignment in Louisville.

And, no, I promise I will never put an April Fool's joke or something like that on here. I don't believe in that kind of stuff on an outlet you trust.

Also, the team was waiting for Dr. Kremcheck to look at Eric Milton. He could be DL'd.

Wayne and Jerry also said they had one more "guy to talk to" about a cut or assignment to Louisville.

-Trent Rosecrans
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    UPDATE:

And another thing, Wayne was kind of on edge about the whole 25-man roster and the talk of it. He also dropped something about howhe may be at 24 today at 3 p.m. when they must turn in their roster, but there will be 25 tomorrow.

The rotation for the next couple of days is Harang, Arroyo, Lohse, Belisle and then back to Harang. So it looks like Belisle is officially the fifth starter, or maybe the fourth and we'll see who the fifth is. However, that rotation, Narron said, isn't "set in cement"

Hmm...now that's odd and interesting.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    ANOTHER UPDATE:

Just got handed the roster, and it is indeed 24 players.

Victor Santos, who was a non-roster invitee, is not on the roster and Eric Milton is on the disabled lit retroactive to March 23 with a lower back injury.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    WOW! The state of this team is unrested as of right now.

Sweet news all the way around IMO. No Milton for now, no Hermanson to close out games! I am very excited about this news.

So who goes in the rotation? Who closes? I say it will be Saarloos or else Livingston gets called back up. Then the closer role goes back to the commitee and most likely will start with Weathers. Interesting...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    per rotoworld:

Reds released RHP Dustin Hermanson.

The Reds still haven't finalized their roster, and it sounds like they may be picking up a player on Monday. Hermanson got off to a good start this spring, but he ended up allowing eight runs -- six earned -- and 11 hits in 7 1/3 innings. With his velocity still down, the Reds wanted him to accept a minor league assignment. Since that didn't happen, he'll become a free agent.

Reds placed LHP Eric Milton on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, due to lower back stiffness.

The decision was made easier by the fact that Milton made his last start in a minor league game, allowing the Reds to backdate the DL assignment to March 23. Matt Belisle is likely to move up in the rotation, and Kirk Saarloos becomes the favorite to make a spot start or two in place of Milton.

MLB ERA
    YET ANOTHER UPDATE:

Wayne said they're down to 24 and there will be 25 tomorrow. It "could be Santos, it could be someone else. It could be somebody here, it could be someone not here."

Talked to Victor, who was taking it in stride. "Nothing I can do."

Also, Jerry on the closer situation: "Between Weathers, Stanton, Coffey and Saarloos, we feel pretty good"

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    So Saarloos is in the bullpen? That means we do not have a fifth starter ready to go unless Saarloos is just spot starting until Milton gets back.

The last roster spot has to go to a pitcher IMO. Livingston and Santos are good choices from withing the organization. (preferably Livingston). But then you have to wonder why they are waiting a day to get to 25. Is Krivsky working a trade and awaiting confirmation? Or is he just taking his time trying to figure out who is best for the final spot? I think it is a combination of both.

Now, I must go speculate on who he is after...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Nothing came on the trade front.

FYI, Santos got the call. He is back up with the big club.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I taped the pre-game/game today and Krivsky said that they were working on a few potential possibilities/trades but nothing came to fruition and he told Santos on Sunday if that was the case that he would indeed get the call as the 25th man.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    It makes you wonder what he was looking at though, doesn't it? Thanks for the info mission.

MLB ERA
    Any news on a new closer? I'm getting really desperate for one in my fantasy pool.

Don't know if this is related but the Jays designated RHP Francisco Rosario for assignment, with him out of options he needs to pass waivers or be traded, during ST there was an article saying that 3 teams were asking the Jays about Rosario, Philly was one team rumoured.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I haven't heard anything about him but you have to figure Philly will be going after any good relief possibility.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    How about Philly drops the "good" qualifier and settles for Cormier?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Haha, I could only wish. To be honest, I don't like Cormier either, but I want to be sure either Livingston, Coutlangus, or Burton can pitch good enough to stay on the major league level. When Bray and Majik come back, we shall have two guys to replace two of them. But if two of those three pitch well, then we can stand to drop Cormier for sure.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't really dislike Cormier per se, I just know Narron will entirely misuse him based on the shiny (and very lucky) ERA he had last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast