Thread: Everyone ready for THREE catchers again?

MLB ERA

Everyone ready for THREE catchers again?

Looks like Hopper will begin the year on the DL and Moeller will be the last roster spot as a third catcher YET again. We traded LaRue and still have three catchers with the third one an awful one.

We know Narron will probably play him too!

I might have to drop a couple wins off my prediction if this keeps up. I would rather carry pretty much anyone more than Moeller.

The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That shows you how piss-poor the depth of this team is for when we have an injury or two, were down to either fabulous Norris Hopper or the unstoppable Brian Moeller.

MLB ERA
    Well I think they have a lot more depth now on the pitching side of things, but on offense they certainly don't, though some of it is self-induced. I would rather give Votto or someone a chance and even let CONINE have a second back-up outfielder spot than to allow Moeller on the roster.

And I think you said Moeller's name wrong.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Chad Moeller + Brian Moehler = Brian Moeller, combining a past painful memory with a soon to be painful memory.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Eh, why don't they just pick up one of the perfectly good 5th outfielders on the waiver wire? I mean, Karim Garcia had a solid spring, and he can play all three outfield positions.

In hindsight, maybe they would've claimed Salazar off the waivers from the Rocks(DBacks got him).

MLB ERA
    Or Todd Pratt from the Yankees...oh wait.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Or kept Crosby around...oh wait

I can't stomach the thought of Moeller either. It just doesn't feel right. I guess Narron is looking at Valentin as the big left handed bat off the bench with Hamilton getting starting opportunities?

And what of Burton, Santos, Coutlangus, and Saarloos? Which one of these four makes the team?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Official?

per Trent's blog:

SARASOTA, Fla. -- In my last post from F-L-A -- Norris Hopper is expected to start the season on the disabled list and stay here in Sarasota. That means it looks like NGITW, Chad Moeller, will be breaking with the team and start the season on the big league roster. There are now 27 players in camp, and two pitchers are gonna be trimmed from the roster by Sunday at 3 p.m.

am I ready for 3 catchers????????? AM I READY.....IM PUMPED!!!!!!!

what True reds fan wouldnt be excited about carrying 3 catchers?
    1. quite possibly a one year wonder...Ross
    2. a sweet swing but a sweeter tooth.....and fatter ass.....Javier
    3. and a 3rd stringer with this line last year .184 .231 .276 .....that worked out to -70 OPS+.......thats right, he is less than 1/3 as productive as a typical major league hitter. Cant wait to see you play Mr. Moeller.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    haha, nice albbla. I echo the sentiments.

I have it on good faith that if Hopper or Deno were not hurt, he wouldn't have had much of a chance.

Ross is the guy that worries me the most right now. He is our starting catcher and has shown nothing at the plate this spring. Hitting .220 is less than stellar. I am very worried about the guy.

MLB ERA
    i'm afraid ross is our one year wonder such as javvy was a couple years back. we could have gotten atleast a good MR for javvy last offseason but NOOOOOOOO we ahve the best tandum in baseball!.

i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    haha, nice albbla. I echo the sentiments.

I have it on good faith that if Hopper or Deno were not hurt, he wouldn't have had much of a chance.

Ross is the guy that worries me the most right now. He is our starting catcher and has shown nothing at the plate this spring. Hitting .220 is less than stellar. I am very worried about the guy.
    well like I say.. what exactly does Spring Training Mean.. look at 2 years ok when Estrada was killing the ball in Spring Training