Thread: Deno Done for season

Deno Done for season

The Enquirer - Reds decide on roster

Its unfortunate because I think he has a chance to be nice 4th OF type of player. This really hurts the depth once Freel and/or Griff get injured for the 1st time this year. The reds will be relying on Hamilton and Norris Hopper. Ick.

MLB ERA
    Unfortunate for Denorfia. Liked his defense a lot and thought he would provide a pretty good stick. Probably wasn't going to see much PT with this organization though.

Hamilton is definitely going to get some PT now. We'll see how he responds.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    Unfortunate for Denorfia. Liked his defense a lot and thought he would provide a pretty good stick. Probably wasn't going to see much PT with this organization though.

Hamilton is definitely going to get some PT now. We'll see how he responds.
    yeah when I heard it this morning I basically was disapointed we weren't going to have him, but looked at the bright side of Hamilton now has no competition for that 4th spot

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I was wondering what was going to happen with Deno. I have to admit, with Hamilton's success this spring, I was hoping that the Reds would trade Deno for something of value. I love the way Deno hits and he just doesn't deserve sitting on the bench all season. But we just didn't have room for him as it is.

This will likely mean that Hamilton becomes the 4th outfielder and Freel will be our starting CF. At least it is how I envisioned it when I heard about this. Crosby has been sent packing as well, so he is no longer in the mix. All points toward good for Hamilton, but I simply feel bad for Deno.